Wish List

Friday, May 31, 2024

An upcycled card...

 

I received a card from my stepdaughter that had such a beautiful image on it, that I wanted someone else to enjoy it, too. Isn't this image amazing? And to think it was made by gluing down little pieces of thin, brightly colored paper! 


I carefully cut the decoupaged image from the card front.

The black thin/thick frame was part of it. I just cut a little outside of that and then matted it on some black cardstock and adhered it to a new card base. I chose a light aqua card base because that same color was included in the image.

The "Happy Birthday" sentiment was stamped, die-cut, matted and popped up on dimensionals.




This is the sentiment that I stamped inside the card.

Do you ever recycle cards or parts of cards? As much as I love the cards I receive, I don't believe in stowing them away in a box. I often want others to enjoy them, too, so I try to recycle what I can. And since I photograph all the cards I make, I can still enjoy them forever.

*****

Today was a lovely day here in Minneapolis, but I spent most of it volunteering at the thrift store. It was gratifying to see the empty card basket when I arrived. Of course, I refilled it with a slew of newly made cards. I've begun making Father's Day cards and am nearly done making graduation cards for the store to sell. I realized, though, that I didn't have a single sympathy card left, so as soon as I got home, I prepped five card bases and top layers. Hopefully, I'll get them finished up tomorrow.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

That is a gorgeous picture. Then I read it is tiny bits of paper glued to make the picture. Wow!.Great desin on the upcycle. I often upcycle cards. I get freebie cards in the mail unsolicited from some charity. They are okay as is but i can upcycle them into so much more.

Glittered Paws said...

OH WOW - was a NICE card - love all the colors. Yes I do recycle/upcycle cards - at first I thought no that is "stealing" but no it really is a compliment when someone recycles.

Lynette said...

Very cool! Great idea to re-use it. I love the sentiment, too.

Darnell said...

That is pretty, Cheryl, and amazing how it was made! I love how you upcycled it and, yes, I do the same! I love how you keep the thrift store box filled with your beautiful cards. I hope this weekend you have gorgeous weather and you get some outdoor "me" time! Hugs, Darnell