Wish List

Monday, May 13, 2024

A couple of "fun-gis"...

I made these two cards for two sons-in-law. They both are smart, funny and definitely fun to be around!

I started with some mushroom-printed cardstock for my card base. Then I added a strip of off-white, matted cardstock that had been ink-blended around the edges. The sentiment had been printed on it with the computer.


I added a couple of die-cut mushrooms, popping the caps up on foam squares.










On the inside, I added another computer sentiment and a die-cut mushroom.









This card base was cut from the same paper stack as the first one, and this time I added a circular sentiment (popped up) and two die-cut mushrooms  on the bottom of the card front, adding some dimension to the mushrooms that were already there.


The caps were popped up once again, and I did quite a bit of ink blending on them to make them look a bit more realistic. 









This card has the same sentiment on the inside, and also a little die-cut mushroom.

Both of these cards were mailed more than a week ago, but to my chagrin, one son-in-law has not recieved his yet. I really hate it when the USPS lets me down!

*****

I had a lovely Mother's Day--brunch at my daughter's home and lots of phone calls from our other kids. We also managed to take Mickey to the dog park for an hour or so. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are such fun-gi cards. I am a sucker for puns and you did not just one but managed two, That mushroom paper is fun. It is great to have paper that does most of the work for you.

Lynette said...

These are wonderful! I love the sentiment you placed in the inside - so perfect! Bummer about the USPS being so slow. I have that happen a lot.

Glittered Paws said...

Love the "fun-gi" cards - and the sentiment is absolutely perfect. I hate it when the USPS is slow - especially when it cost $$$ to mail something and I think they are going to raise it again.