Wish List

Sunday, May 5, 2024

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #207: Anything Goes or Baby Blue/Pretty Pink...

 

It's Spring, it's May and it's time for another Let's Craft and Create challenge!

This month we are offering the usual "Anything Goes" prompt, OR you can choose to create a project in either baby blue or pretty pink. Or both!

I chose to make two cards, one featuring baby blue and the other with some pretty pink elements.

We have a couple of family weddings taking place this summer, so I needed some wedding cards. This challenge was the perfect opportunity to make one featuring pink and another in blue.

This front panel on this card was first embossed with a 3D embossing folder.  It's a simple flower design, and I could have left it white, but I decided to paint it with my metallic watercolors. I love the metallic sheen of these paints.


I tried to capture some of that sheen in a photo, but...no luck!

I used two shades of pink for the blossoms and two shades of green and some burnished gold for the leaves and stems.

I didn't like the starkness of the background, so I rubbed on a little bit of light blue chalk to soften it.

The sentiment was created with a banner stamp. I fussy cut it and popped it up on dimensionals.




I felt like the inside needed a little pink, too, so I added a strip of the same pink I had used for the mat of my image panel.

The stamped sentiment is one of my favorites for wedding cards.







This card began when I printed out a beautiful AI image that was offered on one of the Facebook AI sites that I'm a member of. It really didn't need much to dress it up, so I kept it pretty simple.


I had some sheer blue ribbon in my stash, so I added a bit of that, along with a stamped sentiment and a few gems.

The stamped sentiment (in navy blue) was die-cut and popped up on dimensionals.








On the inside, I used the same navy blue ink to stamp the same sentiment as I had used on the first card.

Now it's your turn. I hope you'll join our challenge by adding your project here. Be sure to check out all the fantastic projects the Design Team has created, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


2 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are both so pretty. I love how the pink flowers really stand out. Great job with the coloring.

Lynette said...

Two beautiful wedding cards, Cheryl - I like them both. I remember you painting with metallic paints on embossing when you were here. I think I did it once and was surprised how easy it was and how nice it turned out. Great sentiment on the inside, too.