Wish List

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Sympathy cards...

I created a peaceful scene in pastel colors on www.bing.com/create. I printed the scene out twice to use on a couple of sympathy cards.

I cut out the scene with one of my favorite fancy panel dies and stamped a sympathy sentiment at the top.  I adhered a wide strip of dark blue CS down the mmiddle of my card base before adhering the die-cut panel. I thought the blue strip would anchor my top panel, but after seeing the photos, I'm not sure it was necessary.

I cut off the four corners of my card base to better reflect the corners of my die-cut.


I added a panel to the inside that featured a stamped sentiment.









For my second card, I cut my 6" X 6" scene into three 2" pieces that were 5 1/4" high. I scored my cardfront in the middle so that I could fold the righthand section back, making a Z-fold. 

I adhered the three panels side-by-side so as to maintain the integrity of the scene.  The sentiment panel was adhered on the far right. This means that whoever sends this card will sign it on the right-hand panel, which will show when the card is closed. Will they mind that? 

We're used to having our signatures hidden inside a card, or sometimes on the backside. I don't know why the signature couldn't be visible from the front, so I just went with it. I guess I'll see if this one sells at the thrift store.

*****

My DH and I attended our Tai Chi class today. We really like the group of people in the class and the instructor. They are all basically our age, and there are quite a few men in the class, which made my DH feel much more at ease. We definitely have to find a video that will help us learn the moves, though. We oftentimes look like a couple of chickens flapping our wings aimlessly, not knowing which way to go.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

Patti J said...

lol…I look like that at my Zumba classes! Glad you guys are doing that - it’s great for your balance. Girl, these are beautiful! I’m definitely casing that second one (if I can find a sentiment that is printed in that orientation in my stash)! Thanks for the inspiration!

designbydonna said...

Those scenes are beautiful and so calming. Perfect for sympathy cards. I think the exposed sentiment is okay. Your card base is light enough you can write a note on the back. Could you send me the measurements and score lines on the z-fold?

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful sympathy cards - the scenes are so peaceful. Have fun at your classes.