Wish List

Wednesday, May 15, 2024

A few random cards...

 

I had a single piece of this glittery, striped cardstock sitting in my stash for ages. I decided to get out my ice cream cone die and use the colors of the stripes for the colors of my ice cream. I don't often make slimline cards, but it's always fun, when I do.

I cut the happy birthday sentiment out of three different colors of CS and then offset them slightly when I stacked them. If you enlarge the photo, you can see the different layers.


As I was cutting out the "scoops," I was imagining what flavors they would be: pistachio, orange creme, blueberry, lime and vanilla.









I stamped a sentiment on the inside and also an ice cream cone. This one looks a bit more like a Dairy Queen cone with its flat bottom and curlicue at the top.








This card came about because I had the vase die-cut laying on my desk. The leaf die, which is from Dollar Tree, was also laying there begging me to use it--so I did. I did a little bit of inking around the edges of the leaves before gluing them down.

The sentiment was stamped, die-cut and then popped up on foam tape.


For some reason, I really love making card bases where the front is cut 1" less in width than the back. I think it's because the decorative strip that is invariably added to the right side decorates not only the front when the card is closed, but also the inside.

I added a stamped sentiment to finish the card.






Quite some time ago, when I wanted to make a card with a rainbow on it, I decided to cut the rainbow out of five different colors of cardstock and use the resulting arcs of color to create five different rainbows. The colors are in the traditional order on only one of them--and this is not that one. ha ha

The sentiment was heat embossed onto the DSP.


The clouds were die-cut and popped up on foam squares.







Once a sentiment was stamped on the inside, this card was done.

I like the simplicity of this card, and I think it might brings some comfort to someone who is ill.






Our bleeding heart is quite lovely this year. I not only like the blossoms, but I also like the shape of the leaves. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Great cards, Cheryl. Delicious ice cream. :-) I like the narrower card front, too, although I rarely do that. And your bleeding hearts are beautiful!!

Glittered Paws said...

Where to start - the bleeding hearts are beautiful - I'm not sure if I remember seeing these.
What a great bunch of cards - love the ice cream cone card - hmmm maybe because I love ice cream. Vanilla with hot fudge.