Wish List

Friday, May 24, 2024

Cards for the littles...

I thought I would share some cards I've made for children. I relly do enjoy making them. I don't think children notice if my stamping is a little crooked or my cuts are slightly off. LOL

I have this sweet baby carriage die set, and I was itching to use it. In fact, since it is NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff), I am entering this card into this month's challenge on the NBUS Challenge Blog.

I decided to cut the carriage out of white cardstock - all of it. Then I used a silver metallic marker to color the wheels, undercarriage and top rim. The yellow dotty paper made a nice backdrop. It wasn't too busy or too dark, so I was able to stamp the sentiment directly onto it.


I used a gold Viva Decor pen to add some color to the center of each wheel. 

I love the simple design for this pram and the larger size of it. It makes a great focal point and nicely fills the top half of my yellow panel.









I stamped a simple sentiment on the inside. It was short and sweet and left lots of room for a handwritten note.










I've shown carads made with this dinosaur die set before, but he's so cute, I thought I'd show him again. The background papers are from an old 6" X 6" paper stack that I'm trying to use up. The happy birthday die-cut was cut from some very thick, somewhat glossy cardstock. I think it had actually been packaging material at one time.


I love cutting these little guys out of all different colors of cardstock. And, of course, I have to add a tiny googly eye!









The inside sentiment was computer-generated. I usually print up three or four of these sentiments at a time so that I have them on hand for whenever I'm in the mood for dinosaur cards.








These baby cards were made with parts from a card kit, including the card bases with their square and circular apertures. Only the frames around the apertures were made with dies from my supplies.


The green dinosaur and stars were translucent stickers.












I thought this little giraffe looked so cute peeking out of the circular opening.










When opened, you can see the images in their entirety. I added a scripty, die-cut "congratulations" to each card.









Because the giraffe was a little taller image, I glued the "congratulations" right over its feet (er, hooves, I guess).

I really enjoyed the process of making each of these cards. I miss the days when my grandchildren were small and I could make cards for them. I still make cards for them, of course, but it's not quite the same as when they were babes.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

The baby cards are so sweet. The giraffe peeking out made me smile. Love that scalloped die cut on the yellow polka dots. Dinosaurs are always popular for the kids. With that background paper, you can make any color dinosaur.

Lynette said...

Oh, such wonderful cards, Cheryl - all of them!! That baby carriage is awesome. And I really love especially the way the giraffe peeks out of the window. Fabulous.

Darnell said...

You rocked all these adorable cards for the littles, Cheryl! The first is my fav, er, no, the dino, er, no, those sweet window ... okay, I love them all! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Glittered Paws said...

Love all of your "littles" cards, especially the dinosaur cards - what child wouldn't love that one. And all from your NBUS.
friend is coming over on Thursday and I think I will tell her to bring a set she has never used and I will get out one as well and we just "see" what we come up with.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Oh so cute.....all of them!