Wish List

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Continuation of cards from one-sheet wonder...

Today, I will show you the remaining cards I made from the cutting layout pictured below. I cut two pieces of double-sided, coordinating DSP that were each 6" X 12" according to the dimensions in the layout. I actually held the two pieces of DSP together and cut them both at the same time.


In yesterday's post I shared the four cards I made with the 12 pieces (6 from each piece of DSP) that were 1 1/2" X 3".

I also shared the four cards I made using the eight 1" X 5 1/4" pieces. I had accidentally cut four pieces at 1/2", but I was still able to use them to make a card.

I then moved on to using the four pieces that were 3 1/2" X 2 1/4" along with the two pieces that were 4" X 3/4". Here's what I came up with:
\

I popped the center strip up on dimensionals and added a sentiment to it. I had the chair die-cut sitting on my desk, so decided to use it for the birthday card. Likewise, the doily die-cut was also in my stash, so I used it to dress up my thank you card.

When these two cards were done, I had only the four pieces left that were 1 3/4" X 1 1/2" to make one more card for a total of 11 cards.


This time I decided to make a new home card. I added the four rectangular pieces to a mat and then centered a vellum circle on them to showcase my house die-cut. I also added my stamped sentiment to a mat and popped it up on dimensionals.


Here's a little closer look at the house. I backed it with a piece of yellow cardstock so that it looked as though there were lights on in the house.















The inside featured a simple, stamped sentiment.

I hope you'll consider giving this cutting layout a try. It's a great way to use up some of that DSP we all have stacks and stacks of. And there's virtually no waste with this layout!

*****

It was rainy here today, so I spent most of my time in the basement making cards. By the time I was ready to quit, I had made nine cards, so it was a productive day!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl




5 comments:

designbydonna said...

more great cards. You made good use of all those pieces

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

These are gorgeous! and I love all the fine detail and textures in yours cards Have a great weekend - Michelle x

Lynette said...

Great job of using up all of the pieces to make such great cards!

Glittered Paws said...

Love all the cards - I haven't done a one sheet wonder in a really long time. Thanks for including the dimensions.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You created great cards with that One Sheet Wonder from Karen Titus. I had made some with that as well. I love the papers and designs you used.