Wish List

Monday, May 20, 2024

More graduation cards...

I've been working on lots of graduation cards, as they sell quickly at the thrift store where I donate them. Here are a few I have made:

This one was fairly quick to create    , and I think I'll make a few more of them. I first cut a white panel that was 4" X 5 1/4". I stamped it with the large sentiment slightly closer to the bottom of the panel. Then I used a pinpoint background die to add the rays extending out from the center of the sentiment. 


I die-cut a mortarboard with a red tassel and added it above the sentiment, and finally, I used a glitter pen to add a little sparkle to the stars.









I stamped another sentiment on the inside, as well as an image of a diploma.









These are another example of quick-to-make graduation cards.

I started with three A2 card bases in black, red and blue. I added a white panel to each one that had been embossed with a mortarboard embossing folder.


I pulled out my graduation dies and cut a mortarboard and tassel for each card, and a "You did it!" sentiment and its shadow.

Both the sentiment and the mortarboard were popped up on foam tape.








I stamped a sentiment on the inside of each of these cards.









This is a fun fold graduation card. It's called a "double decker pop up card," and I learned how to make it from Patti Dolan's video.


I used my mortarboard embossing folder and a couple of stamps on the front. I also added one "gem" star for the button on the mortarboard and a few tiny holographic stars.









I added a stamped sentiment to the pop up panel on the inside. Isn't that sentiment just perfect for this "starry" card?

The star-patterned panel that you see was created with some layering stencils. I love having a selection of stencils to help me create special backgrounds.





Here's what the card looks like when it is on display and you look down at it. You can see the pop up mechanism for the center panel.

I made one of these for the thrift store and one for my brother to give to his daughter. He thought it was a really cool card, so I'm going to keep this card design in mind and use it again.

Do you have any favorite fun folds that you use regularly? I'd love to know what they are, and if you have a link to a tutorial, I'd REALLY love that!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great graduation cards! How fun that we both had a "Double Decker Pop-Up Card" on our blogs the same day. It's a fun card to make!

Lynette said...

The first cards are great, Cheryl, but that last one is fantastic!! What an amazing card. I love the design of it.

designbydonna said...

I've been visiting my son for a few days to celebrate a granddaughter's 17th birthdat so I am behind on comments. I love all your grad cards, especially that double decker fold. I have a couple to make. I am going to try that fold. Can you believe another school year is over?

Patti J said...

Wow! These are great! They will certainly make your graduates happy!!!

Glittered Paws said...

Playing catch up today - and oh my what beautiful graduation cards. No wonder they are selling so quickly at the thrift store.
Been a bit "under the weather" so I think I am caught up on comments. Yours is the one I always go to first.