Wish List

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

One sheet wonder cards...

Recently, I watched this video by Karen Titus to make 11 cards using two different, but coordinating, double-sided 6" X 12" pieces of DSP. Karen used this template for cutting both sheets at the same time, so I did the same.


Because this layout makes so many cards, I will share them in a couple posts.

This is the first card I made using three of the pieces that measured 1 1/2" X 3". My husband needed a get well card to send to a friend, so I quickly put this one together for him.

Here are three more cards I made with those same size strips. You can see how I spread them out a bit more on the top card to give me more room for my foliage-filled vases.

When I finished the above cards, I moved on to using the 1" X 5 1/4" strips.

Here are three of the cards I made with those strips, and the process went well. The front of the card is scored at 1 1/4" from the right side and this flap is then folded back towards the center of the card and glued down. A piece of DSP is added to this flap and to the exposesd portion of the card back.

But then I made an incorrect cut, and I had to decide what to do.


You'll see on this card that the strips are narrower. I accidentally cut them 1/2" wide instead of 1" wide. I just decided to use them anyway.


Here's a peek at the inside of this card. The picture is a bit blurry, but you can see how the DSP adds to the design when the card is opened.This cutting layout is a fun exercise in creativity. I'll show you the rest of the cards I made from it in my next post.

*****

We had a very quiet Memorial weekend. We prepared a nice brunch and brought flowers to my brother-in-law (a Viet Nam Army vet), and had my brother (who served as a Navy Corpsman/Medic) over for dinner. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great use of all those different sizes you cut. Even with the same papers they all look a bit different.There are so many combinations. I saved the cutting chart to give this a try. My fav is actually the one where you cut the strips too small.

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice - think I am going to have to try this layout as it is very versatile. TFS.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

More gorgeous cards! and love the little leaf embellishments too. Have a great weekend - Michelle x

Lynette said...

Cool cards - always fun to do a one-sheet wonder! Karen was my SU! upline when I sold SU! a couple times. I used to buy a lot of her retired stamps. :-)