Wish List

Wednesday, May 1, 2024

More Mother's Day cards...

Mother's Day cards have been selling quickly at the thrift store, so I have been making and donating 6 or more every week since the first of April. 

To create this card base, I cut one inch off the right hand side of the front. Then I adhered some pretty butterfly-patterned paper that had been left over from another project. I cut it to fit my card front, but carefully cut around the butterfly wing and flowers that were on the right edge.


I fussy-cut a couple of small butterflies and added them to the inch wide section on the right.

The sentiment was stamped, cut out with a stitched and scalloped oval die, and popped up on foam squaares.







Here's what the inside looks like. I added a tiny scalloped border at the top and bottom of my sentiment panel.

The sentiment stamp that I used here is actually supposed to be for a birthday card, but I think it works well for a Mother's Day card, too.








This card is really very simple. I chose some bright yellow DSP and then die-cut three layers of petals for my flower along with the center and a couple of leaves.

I added three yellow gems to the flower center and popped the stamped sentiment up on dimensionals.

The inside simply said, "Happy Mother's Day."

These are the cards I actually made for my two elderly aunts. I always try to remember them on Mother's Day as they enjoy receiving handmade cards so much. 

I want to give my online crafty friend, Donna, whose blog is Design by Donna, for the idea for this card fold. She had sent me a similar card, and I just had to give it a try.


The pretty floral image is an AI image that was offered free for personal use online. I backed it with a wonky stitched and scalloped circle.










To open the card, you lift up the top section (with the scalloped circle) and then fold down the inside secvtion with the patterned paper on it. 

This style of card leaves me lots of room to write each of my aunts a personal note.














This card featured a very large dimensional flower sticker that I've had for ages. I'm so glad I hung onto it, as I think it's perfect for this card. I think it looks so pretty against the pinpoint design on the background panel.

The word "Sending" is a layered die-cut that was glued directly to the card front. "Love and big hugs" was popped up on dimensionals.



Here's a closer look at that big flower.  Now I wish I had a few more of these!










There were a couple of small, flat stickers that were a much smaller version of the dimensional flower, so I added them to the inside of my card.

*****

I was able to bring in another bouquet of tulips again yesterday, but the squirrels and bunnies have definitely been feasting on many of them.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very pretty cards for Mother's Day! Such beautiful papers!

Lynne in NI said...

These are all fab Cheryl but I especially love your pretty butterfly card! I've always wondered why Mother's Day is earlier in the UK but we all agree on the same date for Father's Day!

designbydonna said...

These are all beautiful cards. I of course love the butterfly card.. I like the way you cut off the 1" strip and then decorated the edge, and the fussy cut around the butterfly. I'm glad you tried rhe top flap cards The purple flower bouquet is very pretty.

Lynette said...

Oh my, Cheryl, these cards are all so amazing!! The first card especially impresses me, but they are all WOW!