Wish List

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Last Mother's Day cards for 2024...

 

This is a simple gatefold card. In looking at the photo, I feel like I should have matted the small rectangle in the center. Oh well. There's always a next time.


The rose is a four-layer die set that I cut from white cardstock and ink blended before assembling. 

The leaves were also part of the die set.







The inside of the card was lined with some Mother's Day themed paper. The rectangle in the center is exactly the same size as the one on the front. The die-cut rose is a smaller version of the one on the front.

This card made use of a leftover strip of the lilac paper that was sitting on my desk. The embossing was done with one of those narrow strip embossing folders that I've had for a very long time, but have hardly ever used.


I had a bunch of tiny purple self-adhesive gems, so I added them to the curlicues in the embossed design.

"Mom" was stamped on a white oval and popped up with a dimensional.









I even added three tiny gems to the inside between two stamped sentiments.









This card features a dimensional flower sticker from Dollar Tree. I thought it looked so much like the flower on the patterned paper that I just had to use it!

The die-cut sentiment was stamped, matted and popped up on foam squares.


This particular set of Dollar Tree flower stickers was expecially nice. I think I've used nearly all of them, and if they ever stock them again, I'll gladly buy more.









On the inside of this card I added a stamped sentiment and a few lavendar hearts. I actually cut the hearts from some of the spaces on the DSP that had no design. That way, they matched the front of the card perfectly. I did ink around their edges a tiny bit to make them more pronounced.







This was one of my favorite Mother's Day cards. The pansy image is an AI image that was offered for free use on one of the Facebook AI sites that I have joined.

I love the die-cut lace that I used on this card, too. It's so delicate. It's a really old die that I've had for years. I'm not even sure who made it.


Here's a closer look at that pansy design. It's so pretty. I just wish you could see it it person.

The scalloped oval was popped up on dimensionals.








I used a coordinating ink to stamp the sentiment on the inside.

I actually made quite a few more Mother's Day cards than I have shared with you on the blog, but I didn't want to completely bore you by posting all of them.

*****

I purchased a load of flower seedlings yesterday that I will plant today. I have seven or eight pots, a large terra cotta strawberry jar and some empty spaces in our various flower beds that I need to fill. I guess I have my work cut out for me! 

It will be lovely to have the planting done and be able to sit back and enjoy the flowers.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love all of these. You always do such great coloring on flowers. That orange rose looks so real. The green embossing so perfectly reflects the design of the purple paper. That is a pretty combination of colors. I agree with the pansy card being a favorite. I love seeing pansy's planted in clusters.

Wanda said...

WOW! Your cards are absolutely stunning. A lot of time and love went into making them.

Lynette said...

Such wonderful cards!! That AI image is spectacular and so beautiful. Amazing, Cheryl.