Wish List

Friday, May 17, 2024

Fun-to-make graduation card...

I found some wonderful instructions for making a fun graduation card here. Dawn of DO Stamping posted a video (way back in 2010!) showing the process and a link to a pdf that has all the information you need to make this card.

Here's the card I made following her very clear and detailed instructions:


I used some gold embrooidery thread to make the tassel and an enamel dot for the button in the center. Did you know that the mortarboard is also called an Oxford cap? We have a grandson attending Oxford University in London right now, and I wonder if he'll wear one when he graduates in a couple of years.


I have a die that cuts a row of celebratory graduates. I cut one away that would have been partially covered by the point of the mortarboard, which left two on each side.













Here's what this one looks like when the card is fully opened. I made several of these and stamped something a little different on the inside of each one.

If you want to make some quick graduation cards, this is the one for you. What seems to take me the longest is creating the tassel. There are lots of videos on YouTube that show how to make one. I like how they're made in this video

*****

This week, my DH and I started attending a Tai Chi class on Wednesday afternoon. We were both hopelessly out of step with the rest of the class, but I'm hoping we'll learn it eventually. It's really relaxing and the fluid movements have a calming affect. Have you ever tried Tai Chi? If so, I'd love to know your thoughts about it.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Very cool card, Cheryl!! I have never even heard of Tai Chi! Sounds like a nice thing to do. Enjoy!

Glittered Paws said...

Great grad card - I like how you split the grads up on the last card.
Oh no way could I see hubby at a Tai Chi class!!!