Wish List

Monday, June 3, 2024

Father's Day cards...

I have made a few Father's Day cards to donate. They are actually quite relaxing to make because I keep them pretty simple.

This card was made with a never-before-used die of a classy-looking guy leaning against a wall, so I'm entering this into this month's challenge on the NBUS Challenge Blog.


The "wall" was created by using a portion of an adhesive-backed faux wall tile that I found at Dollar Tree. I added a black strip of cardstock down the right side of it.

I made a couple of these cards, and I have enough of the wall tile left to make several more.







The inside was very CAS with a computer-generated sentiment.









This card was made with an NBUS die set, too, so I'm also posting it on the NBUS Challenge Blog. I used bits and pieces from my scraps to die-cut the hat, bats and ball. I think it's a fun set and will be great for making masculne birthday cards, too.


I added another computer-generated sentiment on the inside.









This card has a tailored-shirt look to it. I used the folded corner design that I've used for lots of feminine cards. I measured 1 1/2" down from the upper right corner of my card front and scored from that point up to the start of the center fold. Then I folded this piece down. After adding some DSP to the main part of the front and the folded flap, I adhered the flap in place. You could hold it down with a dimensional, but I just used double-sided tape.

Then I pulled out an old button die, cutting it several times and stacking it for dimension.

I added a little thread (actually, it's embroidery floss) to my button before gluing it to the corner of my folded flap.

Finally, I die-cut the big sentiment and glued it in place. I had to be extra careful not to lose track of the apostrophe!







I added a stamped sentiment to the inside of this card. 

*****

We will be attending my granddaughter's high school graduation this week. Also, during this month and the first part of July we have her party and two reunions to attend. I also have to usher at my church a couple of times and help out with an ice cream social, so it's a busy time...but fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, look at you, knocking masculine cards out of the park. These are all great. I especially like the silhouette one.

Glittered Paws said...

Love your classic guy die - great for a Fathers Day card. I struggle with masculine cards and I always need one or more as one of my chemo buddies is a male. Yes I have cased some of yours LOL.
Busy busy few weeks coming up for you. Have a good week.

Darnell said...

These are cool, Cheryl! I love your wonderful range when it comes to your card art. That shadow guy is amazing and I love that wall tile you found! Your sediments are always spot on with your designs and I love the one with the baseball bat, cap, and ball on your second card! Finally, you used perfect papers for your classic dress-shirt third design. I can't believe that's not a real button! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Enjoy the busy and fun weeks ahead! Hugs, Darnell