Wish List

Monday, June 17, 2024

Cards from kit leftovers...

Occasionally at the thrift store where I volunteer, items come in that the employees feel will not sell. Not long ago, a few leftovers from someone's card kits were donated and they asked me if I wanted them. Well, you KNOW how I answered that! Here are a couple of cards I made from some of those leftover pieces:

This card uses the little tags, the oval label and the punched apple from the small collection of pieces. 


I popped up the bottom end of the top (blue) tag, just  to add a little dimension.

I also popped up the gingham-edged oval, after stamping thank you on it, and the apple punch-out.

I added a few red enamel dots and a baker's twine bow to finish off the card front.







I used a fun stamp on the inside and added another apple punch-out.









On this card, the little flags for the banner, the "Hello" label, the strip of gingham and the hearts were the kit leftovers. I added the background DSP, the baker's twine and enamel dots, and the adhesive-backed, glittery letters to spell the word "friend."

I cut 1 1/4" off the bottom of the card front to create a more interesting fold.

The little green banner was popped up on dimensionals.

I was happy to have a chance to use some of my adhesive letters. I have quite a few of them and don't use them nearly enough.









This is the inside of the card. I added a stamped sentiment and a couple more of those heart punch-outs.

These two cards used up most of the leftover kit parts, and, of course, I donated them right back to the store. 

The store gave me a few more collections of leftovers from old card kits, so I'm sure you'll be seeing more cards made from them in the future.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

The leftovers made cute cards. As the saying goes "one man's trash is another's treasure"

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I especially like the second card with the banners. Good job!