Wish List

Friday, June 14, 2024

A card for Tuesday Morning Sketches...

My cardmaking friend Donna (DesignByDonna) is a member of the Design Team for Tuesday Morning Sketches, and she inspired me to take part in the current challenge #760. Here's my interpretation of the challenge sketch:

I actually pulled just two pieces of double-sided DSP from my scrap pile, both having come from the same 6" X 6" paper stack. I cut them to the sizes I wanted and then flipped two of them over so thaat I used all four paper patterns on this card. 

I wanted to add something to the center of my card, so I looked in my box of stickers and other bits and found this quilled butterfly.


The colors of the butterfly went so well with the scraps of papers I had used, so it was the perfect choice.

Finally, I looked in my pile of pre-stamped, pre-cut sentiments and found the one you see on my card. I popped it up on a thin strip of foam.







I added a stamped sentiment to the inside to finish the card.

I do like following sketches, so this was a fun exercise. Thank, Donna, for inspiring me!

*****

Our dog, Mickey, has been enrolled in another training class. This time, he is being trained to heel. I told my DH that I wanted to opt out of this training, so I'd let him take Mickey by himself. He thought it would be fine if just the "boys" went. LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Fabulous card. Great use of the papers. And you know I love that gorgeous butterfly. I am so glad you decided to play along at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debi said...

It's so nice to see your lovely card in the Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge this week. The quilled butterfly is awesome! I hope you'll play again. Debi TMS DT

Glittered Paws said...

Love the mix of DP you used and the butterfly is perfect. I like quilled but don't enjoy doing it.
Great thinking for the "boys" to do the heel training.

Lynne in NI said...

Ooooh what a beautiful butterfly Cheryl and perfect with your pretty DPs too! I think Molly could do with a few tips on how to walk nice too... especially when she spies a squirrel or a cat!!

Debbie said...

So pretty! I love the quilled butterfly!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie - TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That