Wish List

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

A little birdie told me...

 

I had such fun making this card. I loved cutting out the bird and assembling it. I inked all the different parts first, of course.

The sentiment was printed with my computer, die-cut and popped up on dimensionals. The bird is also popped up so that it can properly sit on top of the sentiment panel.

The corner die-cut was made with an old die--I've had it for years--and you can apply ink through the openings in the die, which you can see I have done.


I think the bird is supposed to be a chickadee--one of my favorite birds. I ink-blended it to look somewhat like the chickadees we have around here.









I found a free image of a grumpy cat online and added one of them to the inside of my card.

I have made several cards similar to this one in the past, and I always hope they bring a smile to the recipient's face.

Do you enjoy making "funny" cards? I know that Riley & Company  has a lot of funny sentiments and images. I've been very tempted to buy some of their products, but I've resisted so far. I'm not sure I can hold out much longer, though!





Finally, here is a photo of the waterfall that is just blocks from our home. It is really roaring after all the rain we've had. Some years it has dried to a trickle, so it's a treat to see it so robust. We could feel the spray from the high ground where we took the picture.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

That background is perfect for the bird. It does look like a chickadee. We have them here also. Inside is just too funny. Love the expression on the cats face. Beautiful waterfall. There is something so peaceful and calming about sitting and watching a waterfall.

Glittered Paws said...

Love the bird card - I enjoy fussy cutting (well most of the time), And the grumpy cat is just too cute, especially the sentiment.
The waterfall is beautiful - love to watch waterfalls.

Lynette said...

Cute card! Oh my - I didn't realize you lived so close to Minnehaha Falls! We were just there yesterday by bike. We started near Bde Maka Ska and rode to the falls, then back around around the other side of the lakes, then Lake of the Isles and then back to our car.