Wish List

Monday, June 10, 2024

More Father's Day cards...

 

I have an old 12" X 12" paper stack that has masculine, outdoorsy patterned papers. It also has a few punch-outs.  Both the papers and the punch-out letters used on this card front are from that stack. I popped the letters up on dimensionals, but everything else was glued flat to the kraft card base.


On the inside, I used a computer-generated sentiment. I left enough room in my sentiment to add a die-cut fish that I ink-blended to resemble some of the fish on the card front.








This card happened when I noticed some bits and pieces laying around on my work surface--the chair die-cut, the small piece of striped paper and the tiny tags. I simply picked out a coordinating paper, die-cut the letters for DAD a few times so I could stack them, and punched a narrow border. I found a piece of twine in my stash to add to the tags, too


Once again, I turned to my computer to print out a sentiment that reflected my card front.









This card used a new die set that included the grill, utensils and a bag of briquettes. Since this is the first time I've used it, I'm entering this card into this month's NBUS challenge #63

After selecting my blue card base, I added a panel cut from a really old 6" X 6" stack that had all kinds of positive adjectives on it in differrent colors. I thought it was just perfect for a Father's Day card. 

I printed the sentiment onto white CS and cut it out to fit across the front of my panel. Before gluing it down, I inked the edges to give it a more finished look and to match the inking I had done around the edges of the DSP.

I didn't pop anything up on this card front, so it's very mailable.


I used an alcohol marker to add a little bit of orange to the flame. I also did a bit of inking on the gray parts of the grate and grill stand.











I used my computer to print the sentiment on the inside and added the die-cut sack of briquettes above it.

On Saturday night we had 15 family members at our house for a backyard barbecue. My husband did all the grilling, so I'm going to make him one of these cards for Father's Day.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are great themed Father's Day cards. Love the ertical letters on the fish card. On the chair card, your striped paper looks like an angled picture of a books. Great choice there. Those grill die cuts make a really fun card. I think every man likes to grill. But they have no idea what all goes on behind the scenes to pull the meal together.

Glittered Paws said...

Great Fathers Day cards - can't pick a favorite.