Wish List

Friday, June 21, 2024

Wedded bliss...

 

I purchased a new wedding die recently. It cuts this blissful, newly married couple, and I thought it would make some fun wedding cards.

The taupe-colored paper that I used for the mat and the die-cuts has a lovely sheen to it, but, of course, it doesn't show up in the photos.

The die used for the fancy corner is an old one that I've had for years. I like it because it is so delicate.


I did my best to match the ink I used for the sentiment to the taupe color in the die-cut. I used a couple of different colors of ink that I had in my stash. It doesn't match exactly but it looks pretty close IRL I die-cut the sentiment and popped it up on foam tape.

The background DSP is a white on white pattern with a bit of a sheen to the swirly design. It was perfect for this card.





I added another fancy corner die-cut on the inside, as well as a stamped sentiment.

I made a couple of these cards to donate, and I'm sure I'll be making more. I think they'd be pretty using other soft colors for the die-cuts and mat.

*****

Today was my day to volunteer at the thrift shop. It seemed extra busy with lots of customers. That may have been because it was raining almost all afternoon and everyone was looking for an indoor activity. Some of them seemed very happy when I added a new pile of handmade cards to the basket. All of the ones I had brought last week had sold, so the regular card buyers were anxious for more to choose from.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

This is so pretty. That is a gorgeous couple die cut. All the swirls really coordinate. I like the colors too. If you know the couples specific wedding colors that would be great to use also.

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful die - so detailed. Love the cut out on the inside corner. Rain - we need rain badly. Have a great weekend.

Lynette said...

What an awesome die, Cheryl, and a fabulous card! It's so great that your cards sell so well at the thrift store. I just counted - I have 124 cards for you so far, for whenever we can get together. There will be more by then, though. :-)

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

All three cards are great but I really love that wedding card! I have to make two wedding cards soon.