Wish List

Friday, June 7, 2024

Silhouette graduation cards...

 I made a few graduation cards using my Silhouette Cameo.

I used the Silhouette to cut the mortarboards (with tassels), the year and the white shadow. It was a freebie SVG file from Printable Cuttable Creatables.


The tassel was cut from gold metallic cardstock. I punched a few stars from it, as well.








I stamped the same sentiment on the inside of each card.








The SVG file for this card was also a freebie from Printable Cuttable Creatables.  I have purchased files from them, too, but they are very generous with their giveaways. If you have a cutting machine that cuts SVGs, it would be worth checking them out.

The tassel and the numbers 0 and 4 were cut from gold metallic cardstock. I cut a light grey shadow so that it would show up better against the white embossed background.





I used the really old Cuttlebug "Argyle"  embossing folder. I chose it because it has a repeating pattern. Since this is a slimline card, it would take two passes to emboss the entire panel, and the pattern allowed me to easily line it up for a continuous design..


This is the inside of this card. I also made a card with the same front but with pop-out fireworks on the inside. I just forgot to take a photo of it before I sealed it in the envelope for my granddaughter!



This is a picture of my granddaughter's high school graduating class at their ceremony. It was held in an arena on the campus of the University of Minnesota. You can probably guess from the photo that there were thousands of friends and family members there to cheer them on.

The class is so large (680+ students) that it took over 1 1/2 hours for them to read the names and let them walk across the stage to receive their diplomas. Of course, there were speeches and musical numbers, too, so the entire ceremony was about 3 hours long! The good part about having it in an arena this size is that each student can be clearly seen on the Jumbotron as they walk onto the stage for their diploma. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great cards. You can do them in the school colors. And they are good for either gender.

Lynette said...

These are really great graduation cards, Cheryl! Good idea to use your Silhouette. Congrats to your granddaughter!

Glittered Paws said...

What great cards - I don't have a cutting machine (except die cutter) but have secretly thought I would like one. What an honor to get to go to graduation.