Wish List

Monday, March 11, 2024

A new way to use a die...

In the past, I've shared a number of cards using a die that cut lines and small circles radiating out from a center point where I often adhered a butterfly.


This card is a slimline card made with that die. It really works well on this size of card.

When I used the die on A2 cards, I placed it diagonally across the front of the card. You can see some examples of those cards here.
















One day, when I was perusing the internet, I found an example of the die used as shown in the following two cards.

For this card, I placed the die close to the bottom of my panel of DSP. After running it through my Big Shot, I carefully cut off the bottom piece, following the lines of the die cut. 


After adhering my die-cut panel to the card base, I added some star embellishments and a sentiment. It would have been better if the little die-cut circles had been die-cut stars (there is a die like that available online), but I thought it stilled worked.






The inside of this card had a stamped sentiment and a few stamped stars that I filled in with a glitter pen.








For this card, I used the same idea, but added a wedding cake sticker at the point where the lines intersect. The background DSP is a silver metallic pattern, and the cake was also made of silver metallic patterned tiers.

The sentiment was heat-embossed with silver embossing powder and then popped up on dimensionals.


I filled the little open circles with pearly white Nuvo Drops.







The inside sentiment was also heat-embossed with silver embossing powder.

I had a strip of the metallic DSP left over, so I added it to the inside as an embellishment.

I really love finding new ways to use the dies I have. If you have any more ideas for me, please share!


                   *****


On Saturdau, as I was carrying groceries up our back steps, I somehow wrenched my knee. I could hardly get up the steps after that! It felt like something had slipped out of joint momentarily. It was still very sore on Sunday, but I could at least walk again without too much discomfort. This "getting old" stuff is for the birds!!! Hopefully, my knee will continue to improve in the days ahead. Then I think I need to get on an exercise regime to strengthen those muscles.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Your cards are spectacular. That die makes a festive background. I can see it is so versatile.

JD/ Jill said...

What fabulous cards you made with that die. The first one made a prefect

sympathy card.

PS. I know all about the "Getting old" part. I'm not getting OLD...smile I am OLD. Hope your knee is much better.

Jeanne H said...

Great cards...I have those stamps and now I have some ideas how to use them, if I can find them. Getting old too:)

Glittered Paws said...

Oh love how you used the die - and I happen to have that same die. I hope I get some time to play this afternoon. Old - well it is a number - but...it is also a feeling. I'm feeling younger since I got my knee fixed - now to schedule the left knee before my surgeon retires.