Wish List

Friday, March 15, 2024

St. Patrick's Day cards...

I made several cards for St. Patrick's Day--one for a family member and the others to donate to the thrift store. I thought I'd share some samples with you today.

I made several of these cards. The sentiment made me smile, and I love using my little frog die.


Of course, I had to add some googly eyes to my frog. They always add some life and just the right amount of silliness.










Both sentiments (front and inside) were printed with my computer. The four-leaf clover was cut with a die.








The image of the four-leaf clover on this card was created with a stencil. I matted it and popped it up on dimensionals. the sentiment was stamped, die-cut, matted and also popped up on dimensionals.


I added another four-leaf clover on the inside above my compiter-printed sentiment.









On this card, I used three die-cut shamrocks as my focal point and added a green gem at the center of each.


The largest shamrock was popped up with dimensionals, as was my stamped and die-cut sentiment.









I also added a shamrock to the inside of this card.

Do you know the difference between shamrocks and four-leaf clovers? I learned this online:  

As for the difference in symbolism between shamrocks and clovers, shamrocks re recognized as representtions of the Holy Trinity: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. On the other hand, the four leaves of a clover syumbolize love, faith, hope, and luck. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

2 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Well not only a beautiful collection of St. Pats cards but enjoyed reading the difference shamrocks and 4 leaf clovers. The favorite has to be the cute cute frog.I am sure these sold well at the thrift store. I headed to the store to get my corned beef (after I go to the bank for a loan!)

JD/ Jill said...

Great St. Pat's cards. Nice selection there.