Wish List

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Die-cut, layered flowers...

 

I purchased the die set for this flower sometime ago. I ordered it online, so I guess I wasn't fully aware of how big it was. It definitely fills up an A2 card front!

There are four layers of petals and two layers of the flower center. By the time you get them all glued together, it's quite a stack. And with a little shading (achieved with some ink and a blending brush), it looks pretty impressive.

I used a background die to for the pinpoint design in the white panel of each card.

I just had to try it in purple, too, but I changed the orientation to a top-fold card. 

I pulled some scraps of purple in different shades from my scrap pile and die-cut the layers. Then I added some shading with different purple inks. You can see in the photos that I cut the bottom layers in the darkest shade of purple and used progressively lighter shades for the subsequent layers.


I loved how this one turned out.

I added some shading to the flower centers and the leaves, too.









Each card had a stamped sentiment on the inside.

These were such fun cards to make and sold quickly at the thrift store. I definitely need to make some more of them!

*****

I'm happy to report that my injured knee is nearly back to normal. I was a bit surprised--but very happy--with how quickly it recovered. I still don't know what I did to it, but I hope it never happens again. It was very painful!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

These flowers are gorgeous. They make quite a statement on the card. The embossed background really show them off.

Patti J said...

Happy to hear your knee is better! Your die makes gorgeous card fronts! Great job, as always! Hugs…

Anonymous said...

Love the flower, glad your knee is better!

Glittered Paws said...

Well how did I get behind??? Love this flower die - it certainly stands alone. So happy your knee is better - knee pain is not fun!!!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cheryl, those are beautiful flowers!

JD/ Jill said...

I also and glad to hear that your knee is better... Pain is no fun.

I love the large flowers. They really stand out so nicely on your cards!

Lynette said...

Oh my goodness, was I ever behind in commenting on blogs!! I did check out all your Easter cards (and others) and they are all so wonderful. You are quite prolific, for sure!