Wish List

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #205: Anything Goes or Thank You (Give thanks)...

 

It's time for another challenge at Let's Craft and Create, and this time I'm looking forward to many, many entries. We all make thank you cards, right? And if you don't happen to be making any thank you cards right now, there is always the "Anything Goes" option.

I decided to make a "Double Flap" thank you card. This is a card-in-a-card fun fold. The idea came from Lisa Curcio, and you can watch her video here.


I used three coordinating patterned papers along with some blue and white cardstock to make my card.


The daisy was die-cut. I wanted to use a white daisy because the green background paper has white daisies on it. After cutting and layering it, I realized that it wouldn't show up well against the green and white check. I used a finger dauber to add a little blue ink to the ends of the petals to make it more prominent.

The center of the flower is a green, sparkly enamel dot.







When the top flap is lifted, this is what you see on the inside. 

I stamped the sentiment and the flower stems. Then I added a small die-cut daisy at the top of each stem and gave them each a Nuvo Drop center.






When the second flap is lifted, this is the message on the inside.

This time I used a blending brush to add a little light green ink in the center, stamped my sentiment and added a couple more small, die-cut daisies.

This card was easy to make, as Lisa offers a link to a printout with all the dimensions here.

I hope you'll join this latest challenge. I am always inspired by the creativity of those who do! First, though, be sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team has made at Let's Craft and Create.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

I loe the pretty colors and patterns. That daisy is a real standout. I'm going to give that fun fold a try. Thanks for the inspiration

Glittered Paws said...

What a pretty daisy - that is just what this card needed to really make it pop. I will go check out the fold - folds are my favorite.

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card with great colors!