Wish List

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Smile! You're on camera! (and a few more Easter cards)...

 

This is a masculine card I made to donate. The "Happy Birthday" die-cut has a retro look, don't you think? I filled the little holes in the banner with some Nuvo Drops.

The camera is actually a dimensional sticker from Dollar Tree. I thought it was such a great image and perfect for a guy card.


I love the old-fashioned, burnished look of it. And it has some real dimension in the way it is made.

I don't often find stickers like these at Dollar Tree, but when I do, I buy them even if I have no idea at the time how I"ll use them.







I didn't have any stamps that were camera/picture-related, so I created one with my computer.

I also added a strip od DSP as a bit of decoration on the inside.









These Easter cards are bright and cheerful. The patterned paper on the bottom of each card came from a gift bag I bought at Dollar Tree. I saw the gift bag and thought the colors were perfect for Easter.

The fest bunnies were from my stash. I gave them enamel dots for tails. "Easter Joy" was cut from some glitter cardstock and glued onto the front of each card. The inside of each card has a stamped sentiment.

I still had some of the gift-bag paper left, so I made some slim-line cards for each of our grandsons.


I don't often use my largest alpha dies, but they worked perfectly on these cards.

"Happy" was popped up on foam tape.

The decorative white strip that separates the top of the card from the bottom was made with a very old punch. 

I die-cut three eggs and arranged them on the bottom of the card, popping up the middle one and adding a cute little die-cut bunny.












Once again, I added a computer-generated sentiment on the inside, along with a strip of the colorful paper from the gift bag.

*****

Old Man Winter has paid us a visit, even though it is officially spring. He dumped quite a lot of snow and rain on us--enough to make the roads icy and dangerous. There were hundreds upon hundreds of accidents, spin-outs and jack-knifed semis in the metro area. The hubs had to take his brother to a doctor's appointment during the height of the storm, so I got to walk our dog. Mickey loves the snow, so he was happy as a lark to be out in it. Me...not so much.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

The camera card is a great masculine card. I am going to use your idea for my son-in-law's birthday card. He is a photographer and an A-V person. The Easter ones are cute

Lynne in NI said...

Oh that is such a cool camera card, and your big alpha dies are fab!
Urgh, snow! I'm sure you are more than ready for spring weather!