Wish List

Friday, March 8, 2024

Loving my 3D embossing folders...

I recently purchased a new 3D embossing folder, and I really love it. Of course, embossing folders are some of my very favorite crafting tools. They can make a plain piece of cardstock look amazing.

On this card, I used a new (to me) embossing folder to add some pretty texture to the background.


The wedding cake is a sticker that was one of several that were given to me. The sentiment was stamped, die-cut and then popped up on dimensionals, as was my shaped panel.









I stamped another sentiment on the inside. I also glued on a strip of the embossed panel that I had cut off the original one. I just couldn't waste it!








For this card, I used the same embossing folder, but after running it through my Big Shot, I lightly dragged an ink pad across the top. The ink highlighted the raised areas of the embossed pattern, and I thought it was just beautiful! 

I didn't want to detract from the embossed design, so I added just a sheer ribbon and a sentiment on dimensionals. The ribbon was actually pale pink to start with, but I used a blue alcohol marker to color it.


This card also had a stamped sentiment on the inside.

Do you like using using embossing folders, too? I'd love it if you'd share some tips for using them creatively. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

That is a beautiful e/f. It is very lacy looking. All the layers of white are very elegant. I really love the blue one. It reminds me of some antique china. With that pretty design you really don't need much more. I do what you have done with the wiping an ink pad or even a blending brush lightly over the top. It changes the whole look.

JD/ Jill said...

What lovely cards using your embossing folders.

Yes! I am finally enjoying using embossing folders. I just wasn't sure what to do with them. I'm so thankful for all the great tutorials that are still out there.

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful embossing folder - I have a few 3-D folders but jut don't think to use them as often as I should. The wedding card is beautiful and the cake sticker is perfect for this card.
Have a great weekend. Headed to St.Louis to stay all night sister-in-law/hubby and play cards, snack, and laugh until time to go to bed. Will stay all night.

Patti J said...

Wow! These are so pretty! I rarely remember to use embossing folders, thanks for nudging me to do so! So sorry I’ve been MIA. It’s been a very hectic ‘off the grid’ Dec-March, but I’m home until June, so prepare to be stalked again!