Wish List

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Cards for Easter 2024...

I have made scores of Easter cards--some for me and some to donate--and I thought I'd share a few of them with you today.

This card was made with a pre-made card base. It had an oval aperture on the front with a piece that folded around behind the aperture.

I used a stencil to add a pattern to the white side of the cardstock that showed through the aperture. I also inked around the edge of the oval. When that was done, I added some glue to the flap that I had stenciled and adhered it in place.

I stamped and cut out my sentiment with a die, then popped it up on dimensionals.

My bunny was die-cut, and all I did was add a little pink to his ears and cheek and emphasize his eye with a fine-point felt pen.

I cut some greenery in a couple shades of light green and added tiny die-cut flowers in various colors. As a final touch, I added Nuvo Drops to the center of each flower.



On the inside I added a stamped sentiment. I should have added a few of the tiny flowers here, too, but didn't think of it at the time.

In this photo, you can see a tiny bit of the blue flap that folded over the oval aperture. You can also see that the reverse side of the blue cardstock was white.





I used the bunny again with an Easter wreath for this card. This time I added some die-cut carrots to decorate the wreath. They're a little large for my bunny, but I still thought they were cute.


I really love this whimsical little bunny. He came with a stool die, so I need to figure out some cards featuring him sitting on the stool.









For this card, I added a computer-generated sentiment.









These two cards were made using some self-adhesive felt bunnies that I've had for a very long time in my box of Easter craft supplies.


Originally, each bunny had a pompom tail, but they create such a big bump in an envelope, so I removed them. As a replacement, I added an enamel dot.

The panels that the bunnies are on and the sentiment rectangles are popped up on dimensionals.








Once again, I added a computer-generated sentiment to the inside. I also added a strip of DSP for a little decoration.

*****

We have snow and cold in our forecast. I heard on the radio yesterday, as I was working on some cards, that Minneapolis is 36" below normal in the snow department this year, so we really do need it. Well, I guess we don't need snow, we just need moisture! But if it comes in the form of snow, so be it.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl



4 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are all just so cute. I love that long legged bunny, I just want to pick him up and give hiim a big hug.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh Cheryl, I see you've been super busy as always and I've missed loads of your beautiful makes! This first bunny with his huge egg is my absolute fave!!
Sorry to hear you hurt your knee and glad to hear it's on the mend! That is a lot of snow to be short this year, I think we've had more than our share of rain this past 6 months or more.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh what great Easter cards - love the bunny especially the one with him sitting in the wreath. I've got to get my bunny die out and make a couple of extra Easter cards.
COLD, SNOW, no - it is chilly here but no snow which is fine with me.

JD/ Jill said...

These cards are all so lovely!

Snow? What is that? I'm still surprised that we only had snow one time this year.