Wish List

Monday, March 25, 2024

More Easter cards...


I used a free image that I found online on these cards. I thought the little chick was so cute and worked nicely for a circle die-cut.


This card is simple and straightforward. I adhered the image to a shadow layer and popped it up on foam squares.

Finally, I added a pink ribbon and a stamped sentiment on the inside.








This card is a little more complicated. You see the chick image through an aperture on the front of the card.









For the inside layer, I cut a piece of white cardstock to 5 1/4" high X 6" wide. It was scored at 4" on the 6" side, and this flap was folded towards the center of the card.

The card was then closed and glue was added to the circle layer on the right hand side in order to adhere it onto the flap through the aperture.







This photo shows the inside of the card with a piece of scalloped  DSP and a stamped chick for a little embellishment.










I made a few of these cards, too. I had some "starry sky" DSP, and it worked perfectly as a background for my fancy cross. I added some purple gems to this one, but I decided I liked them better without the gems. 

For this card, I used four different patterns of DSP to create a fractured design. The flower is from a box of pre-made flowers I've had for years. I just added a little blue ink and a gem in the center to finish it off.  I used navy blue quilling strips that I had on hand for the fractured design. I don't plan to do any quilling any time soon, and they worked really well for this design.

I was able to get to the library yesterday to pick up some books to read this coming week. A snowstorm was moving in, so I wanted to make sure I had some reading material while we wait for the storm to subside.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

You are right--that little chick just makes me smile. I love the floral crown on her head. I like the little extra to the design of the aperature card. The others are pretty too.

Glittered Paws said...

Great Easter card - the chick are adorable and perfect for Easter or spring cards. I have "stuff" to do quilling but never use it - #1 I really don't like to quill!!! We would occasionally do quilling in a paper craft group I was in a long time ago. Heard you got snow, stay in, craft and read.

JD/ Jill said...

These cards are all beautifully done. I like the idea of using quilling strips... I have some that I may not ever use either.
Hope you didn't get too much snow. We only had one snow storm last year and one storm this year. There were years that I never thought it would stop snowing.
I hope you managed toe get some reading done.

Lynne in NI said...

Awww your little chick cards are so cute Cheryl! You have made such a beautiful selection of Easter cards!