Wish List

Friday, March 22, 2024

Rocker cards...

 I had fun recently making some rocker cards.

These were the first two that I made. I grabbed my biggest wonky-scalloped circle die, which is very close to 5 1/2" in diameter, and used it to cut my card bases. These were then folded in half. 

The picture above shows how nicely they stand for display. And they really do rock, if you give them a little nudge!

Then I selected a plain circle die that would fit nicely inside the die I had used for the base. I cut a circle, glued it onto my base, and cut off the excess.

To complete my card base, I selected a smaller wonky-scalloped die that I could see would fit nicely onto my card base. Before adding it to my card base, I layered it with a smaller plain circle die-cut. Then, to make sure that it would fit into an A2 envelope, I layed my base on top of an envelope and used the envelope edges to determine my outer perameters as I glued the smaller circle onto the base. 

Once that was done, I popped up a sentiment circle and a die-cut teddy bear, and added a bow.


I die-cut a circle and cut it in half to use as a sentiment panel for the inside of each card. You could certainly stamp, or write, dirctly onto the card base, but I like to add an extra panel. It gives the card more sturdiness and a nice, finished look.

ETA: This stamped sentiment is actually from one of the cards below, and not what is inside the baby cards. However, I did add a "welcome baby" sentiment in the same way.




I also made some Easter cards using this idea. I first created an image of a bunny with lilacs, using the Bing/Create AI program. If you look closely, you'll see that I cut around a lilac blossom and a few leaves before die-cutting so that I could insert my circle die underneath them. That way, they are not cut off when you run the image through your die-cutting machine.

Same idea here, but a little simpler. The image was a free one available online. Cards like this were the perfect ones to give to my granddaughters, and they also sold well at the thrift store.

If you're still looking for a quick-to-make Easter card idea, this is a good one--fun to make, and they turn out so cute!

*****

We finally got some snow, with more to come on Sunday. Our piece of the Minnesota landscape looks like a winter wonderland again! "Wonderland" as in I'm "wondering" when it will all melt!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

"wow! So lovely! All of them. I tried that card fold years ago...but my cards did not turn out as lovely as yours. You have inspired me to give it a try again.

designbydonna said...

These are so cute. I would never have thought of using the big cirle dies for that. Definitely going on my to do list. Thanks for the inspiration.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!and I love the design too! Lets hope the sun will shine and your snow will melt for springtime to shine through - Michelle x

Glittered Paws said...

Love the rocker cards - and they are fun to make. The bunny cards are so pretty. We are having a girls get together in a couple of weeks and I think my shoebox project will be rocker cards.
No more SNOW please.