Wish List

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Glimmer butterflies...

 When I was at my friend Lynette's (My Stamping Addiction) home for a day of crafting, she took some time to show me how the Spellbinder's Glimmer Hot Foil System works. She foiled a couple of butterflies for me and cut them out with the coordinating die. When I got home, I had fun making cards with them.

I used an NBUS die to cut the stitched lines and circles on the front panel of each card, so I'm entering these cards into Challenge #51 on the NBUS challenge blog.

This is the first butterfly that Lynette foiled for me. She used a rainbow-colored foil. Isn't it beautiful?

I used my lines and dots die to create a natural focal point for the butterfly.  There is double-sided tape under the dot openings and some coordinating glitter was burnished into the open circles. It doesn't show at all in the photos, but it really adds a pretty sparkle to each card. 

The sentiment was stamped, inked around the edges and popped up on foam tape.

This butterfly was made using the "reverse foil" technique. Lynette simply took the piece of foil from which the first butterfly had been made and foiled what was left onto a piece of white cardstock and die-cut it. My only addition was to use a colored pencil to color in the body and antennae (they had been white). I think this reverse image made a pretty butterfly, too.



I stamped a simple sentiment on the inside of each card.












Then, I found a glittery butterfly in my stash, and I decided to use it to make another card.

This card was done the same way as the others, but with a landscape orientation. Also, I made this one as a Get Well card. I think this card design can be used for many different occasions. 

All of these cards were donated to the thrift store, and because they were so quick and simple to make, I'll definitely be making more of them. In fact, I've already tried another card--this time a mini-slimline--with one of the sentiments that Lynette foiled for me.





In this photo, you can finally see the glitter that I've burnished into each open circle. The sparkle, along with the glimmer of the sentiment made this an eye-catching card.

Thank you, Lynette, for foiling all these pretty images and sentiments for me. I've had so much fun using them.

And thank YOU for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


3 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are all gorgeous. I love the glimmer of the butterflies. That die cut is perfect for the butterfly path. I have not gotten into hot foiling but really like the look.

Lynette said...

That was such a fun day! We'll have to do it again sometime soon. Your cards are awesome, and I'm glad you could use the pieces we made. I love the die you used - very cool.

Glittered Paws said...

Love the foiled butterflies - I have NOT foiled "yet" although a dear friend has a foiler. And don't you love the die - a FYI - you can get it with hearts and starts as well. I'm thinking Christmas and Valentines Day. Nothing like helping another crafter with things to add to a wish list.