Wish List

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Marble-like backgrounds on birthday cards...

Just a quick post today. I recently made a couple of birthday cards and used some marble-patterned papers for the backgrounds. I really liked how they turned out, so I wanted to share them with you.

I think the gold on the blue background is my favorite.

I used gold glitter cardstock for the letters. It nicely complemented the streaks of gold in the background paper.

I also used glitter cardstock for the letters on this one. The cardstock is an off-white color with flecks of pale gold in it.


On the inside of each card I stamped a sentiment and three candles in either red or blue. I colored the flames with a gold metallic pen.

These cards were donated to the thrift store and sold quickly, so I guess I need to make a couple more. I think part of their appeal is that they can be used for male or female.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

The marble paper is just enough to show off those big sentiments. I like big sentiments because you don't need to do too much else to a card.

Lynette said...

Awesome!! Did you inset the letters - it looks like you did. That is always a cool thing.

JD/ Jill said...

Great cards! I need to remember this idea when I need to make another masculine card! I always get stuck on ideas for making them!

Glittered Paws said...

Happy happy - I have this die (at least I think I do), love how the bg papers is really all you need to make a great card. I can see why these sold quickly Better make up several more.