Wish List

Friday, June 2, 2023

So many graduation cards...

I have made a good number of graduation cards beyond what I showed you in this post, so I thought I would share a few more with you.


These cards are pretty self-explanatory--they feature either a DSP background or an embossed background, a die-cut sentiment with shadow (popped up on foam squares) and a die-cut mortarboard (also popped up). The inside of each card said, "Congratulations on your graduation!"


I made a couple of cards like this one. The mortarboard was already embossed in silver onto the cardstock, and I simply cut it to size and then added the silver die-cut "Congrats" and the heat-embossed sentiment below it. The inside sentiment said, "You've worked so hard for this & we're so proud of you!"


I got the idea for these cards from my online friend, Donna (Design by Donna). I had mailed her a couple of cuts from the die set that makes the "HAPPY" card, and she came up with the idea of using them for a graduation card. The inside of this card said, "Congratulations! Take a moment & savor your accomplishment."


These cards were all made with specific graduates (and their school colors) in mind. I started by making the tassels out of embroidery thread. The numbers on each card were cut three times and stacked for dimension. The graduate figures were some new dies that I had purchased just in time to make these cards. My grandson received the blue/orange/white card. He thought the tassel was a "really cool" embellishment. The inside sentiment said, "Congratulations on your graduation! We're so proud of you."

I'm entering these cards in the current NBUS Challenge #51.


I had a leftover die-cut of a female graduate. and since the thrift store is located near a school with red and white as its school colors, I decided to make one last card. I couldn't resist adding a few sequins, too. It's for a girl, after all! I donated this card, along with most of the others I made, to the thrift store.

I think I am done making graduation cards for the year, but coming up with a few new ideas for this year's batch was a lot of fun. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

8 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are all great cards. The thing I like about designing my own card is making them personal. Using the school colors is the perfect way to do that. I think I have that mortarboard die. I forgot to use it this year. I like that idea of making tassels. I will keep that in mind for next year.

Lynette said...

Wow - well done, Cheryl! That is a lot of graduation cards. They are all awesome and have great touches to them. I agree - the tassel is an excellent idea.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great graduation cards! Congratulations to your grandson!

Kate said...

Awesome graduation cards Cheryl! Great idea to personalize them with colours! Hugs, Kate!

Glittered Paws said...

One card was better than the next and I don't think I could pick a favorite. I love the embossing folder you used. I am sure these will sell well at the thrift store.

Darnell said...

And all your design ideas are fantastic, Cheryl! You made a LOT of grad cards and many of them are personal, which makes them even more special! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Patti J said...

Wow! These are all wonderful! You did make a lot of them! So happy I don’t have to choose a favorite - each one is special. Thanks for sharing!

JD/ Jill said...

Amazing cards! I like them all. Especially the ones that you made the tassels for.