Wish List

Friday, June 23, 2023

Using colored pencils on embossed panel...

I shared with you a few posts back how I had done some painting with metallic paints on an embossed panel. This time, I thought I'd try using Prismacolor pencils and some odorless mineral spirits on a panel that I embossed with a 3D embossing folder.  This was a great panel to try it on, as it is a fairly simple design with flowers that were a little larger than the usual floral pattern.


You can see in this photo that I was able to get a bit of shading by using at least two different colors of pencils on both the flowers and the leaves.

I also added some fine glitter to the blossoms with a Spectrum Noir glitter brush.







The inside features a stamped sentiment. I thought this particular sentiment was vague enough that the card could be used for a wedding or an anniversary.

I think I will also try painting this particular embossed pattern with my metallic paints. I really like adding some color, and I think it makes the card look a bit more special. In fact, I've had people ask me incredulously, "How do you DO that?"

I volunteered at the thrift store today. I had taken in a batch of 18 cards for them to sell, and all but five had sold by the time I left! There are regular "card customers" who come in every Thursday because they know that is when I resupply the cards.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


7 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Oh wow! So Pretty! You did a great job coloring the embossing! I tried that once...Let's just say it didn't turn out too well for me... But your card makes me want to try it again.

JD/ Jill said...

Forgot to ay great job with your cards selling so quickly! But I have to say I am not surprised! Smile

Lynette said...

Very beautiful, Cheryl! I'm glad you are liking your Prismacolor pencils. And I think it is so awesome that the cards sell out so quickly there! I've gotten 28 cards done so far at this retreat. :-)

Glittered Paws said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, did you color on the backside? I haven't used colored pencils in a while. Love the shading on the flowers and leaves and the sentiment is perfect.
I'm going to a "new" stampers house Tuesday and we are going to work with watercolor pencils and colored pencils. Love teaching newbies.
Great job on how quickly your cards sell.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

This is a stunning card Cheryl and so delicate too! They are so lucky at the store to have you make such beautiful cards for them. I love your card sentiments too! Michelle x

designbydonna said...

Gorgeous card. Those flowers are so pretty, You do such a great job coloring with the pencils.

Lynne in NI said...

WOWEEEEE Cheryl, what a stunner! Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous and a fab layout too!
That is so nice that your regulars at the store look forward to seeing you xx