Wish List

Friday, May 19, 2023

A commissioned wedding card...

 During my crafting day at Lynette's (My Stamping Addiction) home, I used one of her pretty embossing folders.  Then I pulled out my metallic waterpaints and painted the central image. I was really pleased with the results.

The metallic paints have such a beautiful sheen, and I was able to get a bit of shading on my flowers by using a couple different shades of each color.

After cutting the panel to size, I matted it with some brushed silver metallic cardstock. I cut the sentiment out of the same sislver cardstock and layered it onto some matching white die-cuts to give it some dimension.


As a final touch, I glued on a few iridescent sequins. 

As soon as I saw how pretty the image turned out after painting it, I decided it would be perfect for a wedding card that I had been commissioned to make. 

An older (70+ years old) couple is getting married, and I thought they would appreciate the traditional simplicity of this card.






On the inside, I printed a wedding sentiment on a piece of vellum and adhered it only at the top, underneath the scalloped border. That border is actually cut from the same silver caradstock that was used on the front. I'm not sure why it looks so yellow in the photo. It might be reflecting a color in the room where I was taking the photo.

Thank you, Lynette, for your help with this card. It was your willingness to let me use your embossing folder that made it possible! 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

The flowers are so pretty. I like that embossing folder. The pattern looks different depending on how you are focusing your eyes. Love the vellum you used for the sentiment.

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful and perfect for an older couple You did a gret job on the painting. Hmmm I think I might have some of the metallic paints - somewhere.

Lynette said...

Your card turned out so beautifully! I actually just painted one for myself on Wednesday when a friend was over. It's not quite finished, but I will surely post it when I get it done. Seems there is NO time to spend in my stamping room these days!!

Jeanne H said...

A beautiful card! I envy you two crafters getting together - I'd ask to join but I don't drive anymore. LOL

Patti J said...

Very pretty card! That’s a lovely embossing folder, and you painted those flowers beautifully! Great job, as always!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I saw Lynette's card and I was happy she had a link to your page. Your card and Lynette's are just gorgeous! I don't think I've ever heard of metallic paints. (So sorry I'm not getting the notifications of your blog anymore. I subscribed again and notices aren't getting to me for some reason.)