Wish List

Friday, May 26, 2023

More fun with colored pencils...

 

I had this image from Bugaboo Stamps in my card parts for *ahem* years. It was time to color it up and use it on a card. I pulled out my Prismacolor Pencils and mineral spirits and finally finished it. 

I cut it out with a cross-stitch rectangle die and popped it up on dimensionals. I also popped up my stamped sentiment banner. The three red dots you see were made with a Viva Decor pen.

I was able to use up a snippet of red-striped DSP on this card, too. I always wonder why I save narrow little scraps--until they are the perfect piece for a card like this.


The Prismacolor Pencils make coloring so easy. I'm truly grateful to my friend Lynette for introducing me to them. I've long struggled with coloring, sometimes doing okay and other times simply tossing my failed efforts in the trash. I think there will be fewer failures now.







I turned this into a get well card by stamping the inside with the sentiment you see here.

This card was donated to the thrift store. And speaking of the thrift store, I volunteered there for five hours yesterday. While I was going about my duties, one of the cashiers told me how much the customers enjoy buying the cards I bring in. She said that one particular lady told her that she comes in every week just to check out the handmade cards, and today she bought six of them!

I want to say a public THANK YOU to Lynette for also donating cards for me to bring to the thrift store. She has donated hundreds (yes, hundreds!) of cards, and they are so appreciated.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Your card is so pretty and cheerful. I love the red and aqua together. You did a great job coloring the image. I have Prismacolor pencils but am never pleased with them. What do you do with the mineral spirits?

Lynette said...

Your card is so cute, and your coloring is wonderful! I'm so happy I was actually able to show you something new. :-) And, I think it's awesome that handmade cards sell so well at the thrift store. I'm happy to have an outlet for the cards that I make that seem to accumulate. So, thank YOU! It's a win-win.

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice - and love the coloring with the pencils and mineral spirits. I always (well usually) reach for copics but i have other coloring mediums that I should use. This makes a very nice get well card.

JD/ Jill said...

Adorable! I really like the colors and papers that you chose!