Wish List

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Fun with a fellow crafter...

Fellow crafter and fabulous cardmaker, Lynette, owner of My Stamping Addiction,  invited me over for a crafting playdate a short while ago. We had such a good time, and I wanted to share a few of the things we created.

I brought an NBUS stencil with me to Lynette's house and gave it a try whle I was there. Once I got home, I found I had this little framed tag that was just the right shade of blue. I adhered my stenciled panel to a blue card base and then added my tag with some dimensionals.


The letters were from a glittery self-adhesive alphabet that was in my stash. They were just the right size to put "thanks" on the tag.










Lynette stamped this image for me and then I colored it using her Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. It was so easy and fun to use these pencils that I ordered some the very next day!


Here's a closer look at that pretty image of a flower. I think it looks like a peony-one of my favorites!










Lynette also showed me how her Glimmer foiling system worked. She foiled this image for me and I colored it with Prismacolor pencils at home. I didn't have any Gamsol, but I did have some odorless mineral spirits, and that worked well.


I did my best to angle my card so that you could see how beautiful the foiling is. Lynette foiled this same image for me in silver, and I'll be coloring that one very soon. I just have to decide what color roses I want.








Both Lynette and I used this die to cut out a few sailboat scenes. I added an ink-blended panel behind my die-cut and popped it up on a card. The sentiment was heat embossed.


I could have done a better job with my ink blending (my sky looks like a storm is brewing), but there will be lots more chances to use this die in the future. I think it makes a great masculine card, and I've already sent out two cards very similar to this one.









Finally, I took along a little card kit for each of us. The card we made was an Angled Tri-fold Card. Click here to see a video with all the details for this card. We put together the basic card at Lynette's and then I added the flowers and sentiments later.

Here's how the card looks when it is fully open. It's a fun card to make, and it looks a lot more difficult than it is. It's also a great way to use up some DSP.

We did much more than this, and I'll be sharing more results with you in the near future. Mostly, we each made some card parts to feature on cards that we would put together later. And I don't think we stopped talking the whole time we were together! We have found that we have a lot in common. We even have daughters who are the same age with the same first name!

Thanks so much for wading through this long post, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

You had a really productive day. I love that stencil on the blue and white card. It looks like a lacy tablecloth. Your coloring of the flowers turned out really pretty. That is a great sailboat die cut. It really is a great masculine card. The ink blending is great eve n if you think it looks like a storm brewing. You can pretend these boats are on their way back to shore. Looks like you had a fun time with your friend.

Glittered Paws said...

OH WOW - what a great way to spend the day - first with a friend and second crafting with that friend. Love all of the cards - can I pick my favorite - well - I really like the angled gate fold Mother's Day card. And...your coloring with the prisma colors is beautiful. I bet you will use them a lot. They were all great cards.

Patti J said...

These are beautiful, Cheryl! I think it’s so much fun that you and Lynette live close enough to create together! Looks like a super productive day, glad you shared! Oh…and I think I ‘need’ that sailboat die! Must go look for it! Hugs…

Lynette said...

That was an awesome day, for sure! I sure do love all the cards you made using what we did together. I have hardly been in my stamping room since you were here!! Way too much going on. I stamped and cut out some flowers to use on my card that you brought over for us to make, but haven't quite gotten it finished yet. Soon, I hope!