Wish List

Friday, May 12, 2023

Having fun with layering stencils...

 

I recently purchased a set of layering stencils that create this pretty spray of flowers. I decided to use it to make some Mother's Day cards to donate to the thrift store. 

I began making this card by cutting a panel of white cardstock, stamping my sentiment, and then using an A2-size die with a pierced design to add a little interest to the background. Once my pierced panel was adhered to my card base, I was ready to create my spray of flowers.

I chose some bright, spring colors, using a couple of shades for each color. I placed a square of cardstock in the corner of my stamp positioner and then nestled each of my stencils into the same corner, to keep everything properly lined up.

Once it was all inked, I cut it out with the coordinating die and popped it up with foam dimensionals.



I printed out some sentiment panels with my computer and added one to the inside of each card.

Do you enjoying using stencils? I think I like it so much because it is a quick and sure way to get a pretty image, and with just a little prep work, you can easily make multiples of the same card.








My DH and I had a bit of a date night on Wednesday. We had dinner at a favorite outdoor restaurant that is located in a beautiful park very near to us. The restaurant is called SeaSalt and serves mainly fish and seafood, which I love! I had the Thai Shrimp Curry and my DH had a Crawfish Po'Boy. A very short distance from the restaurant is an iconic Minneapolis waterfall, and I just had to take a photo of it.

We've had a fair amount of moisture during the winter and spring months, so the water was really rushing over the edge. I love the sound of its roar as it crashes into the pool below.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Those flowers are beautiful. I love the no-line coloring look to them. I haven't tried layered stencils but now see that may be on my wish list. Your waterfall picture is beautiful. There is something calming about listening to the falling water.

Patti J said...

Beautiful card! Your stenciling is perfect, dear friend! Your date looks perfect as well…that waterfall is spectacular - I can almost hear it! Thanks for sharing ❤️

Glittered Paws said...

Love this stenciled card. I had my first experience of using layering stencils last week- hmmm I need some more practice for sure. This floral arrangement is really pretty.
What a fun date evening - love seafood as well. We went out last evening to a seafood restaurant here in town - Old Mine Crab House- I had shrimp tacos and mister had catfish and shrimp. Love their grilled veggies as well. But I ate ALL 3 shrimp tacos!!! Beautiful waterfall.

Lynette said...

I DO love stencils, and your card is so lovely! Thanks for sharing the photo, too. We haven't been there for many years.