Wish List

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

80th birthday card...


My oldest sister's DH celebrated his birthday a couple of days ago. This is the card I made for him.

I have a new humorous stamp set and used one of the sentiments for this card. I also used a "Bird Crazy" bird to continue the comic nature of the card.

As I was putting together my card front, I tried to add some enamel dots to the corner, but didn't get them straight. When I tried to carefully pull them off, they ripped off part of the paper. I certainly didn't want to start over, so I pulled out my decorative corner dies and used the one you see here to cover up the "boo-boo" I had made. As you can see, I still ended up adding three tiny enamel dots to the decorative corner.


Before die-cutting the bird, I colored him with alcohol markers. I also added a little Glossy Accents to his eyeballs. I love using Glossy Accents, but mine is getting hard to use. The last quarter of a bottle has gotten so thick that I am having a hard time squeezing it out. I read that it is water-based and you can add water, a drop at a time, to thin it out. I may try that. I'll let you know if it works!

Both the bird and the sentiment square were popped up on foam squares.







The inside sentiment came with the same stamp set. I thought it was a nice finish to the card.


I was actually able to visit with my brother-in-law on his birthday, as we were both at the same graduation parties (two of them!). He said he really enjoyed the card, so I was pleased.





Besides attending two graduation parties this past weekend, we also attended the graduation ceremony for our grandson Max. This is a photo of him with his family in front of his high school. We're so proud of him and wish him well as he prepares to head to college in the fall. I will share the card I made for him in another post.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


6 comments:

designbydonna said...

I am chuckling at the expression on that bird. He looks like what in the world happened. How did I get here. Your card is so fun. Love the sentiments. Great save on the torn paper.

Glittered Paws said...

What a fun card - makes me laugh - and I'm sure he got a chuckle as well. I'm not good at using glossy accents, I always get bubbles so I don't use it often. You had a busy weekend. Have a great week.

Lynette said...

What a great card for an 80-year-old! Super sentiments. Wonderful picture, too. Best wishes to your grandson. Our oldest graduates from eighth grade on Monday. :-)

Patti J said...

I love these birds! Why don’t I think to use them? Thanks for the gentle reminder! Your card is adorable! No mistakes in card making, only creative opportunities! Hugs!

Patti J said...

Oh…I forgot! What a great family photo!!!

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card!
And a great picture! Congrats to your grandson!