Wish List

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Beautiful stickers from Dollar Tree...

I always check out the craft items at Dollar Tree when I stop in there. One day, not long ago, I found some beautiful flower stickers. I believe there were 9 or 10 of them on the sheet. I've looked for more of them since, but they haven't been in stock. It's always hit or miss when shopping there.

I cut some DSP at an angle, die-cut a fancy border and added them both to a white card base. 


The stickers were made of a very thin plastic that had been embossed with the petal design. They had a translucent quality that made them especially nice.









I stamped and die-cut the sentiment before popping it up on foam squares.

As a final touch, I added three sparkly gems.









In this photo, you can see how you can see through the petals.







I think this was my favorite of the whole bunch. It's hard to capture how delicate it looks in a photo.











The inside of each card was rather plain with just a stamped sentiment.

So now for a little "news from home." I am happy to announce that my rhubarb has finally poked its chilly, frilly little leaves out of the ground. The weatherman is promising warmer weather in the days ahead, so I'm holding him to it! And I'm looking forward to some fresh rhubarb sauce. My DH doesn't even like it, so I get it all to myself. I also love rhubarb kuchen, rhubarb bread and rhubarb cake. Once, when I was in Germany, I had rhubarb yogurt. It was SO delicious!

Do you grow rhubarb? My plants came from my great grandparents. Root cuttings were handed down until they got to me and I've handed some down to one of my daughters, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great find at Dollar Tree. Those flowers are so pretty. They look great with that lacy scalloped border. I do like rhubarb. My grandmother always had rhubarb pie when we visited. It was so good, but it may have been all that sugar she put in it.! :)

Lynette said...

Oh, those flowers are beautiful! Your papers match so perfectly, and I love them cut at an angle like that. Another thing I need to remember to do. :-)

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Beautiful stickers! Cheryl, sorry I've been missing your blog posts. For some reason I'm not getting the daily messages. I just tried to subscribe again and the verification code I need doesn't come through to me. :(

Jeanne H said...

Love rhubarb, my mom too grew it and made pie. Great find for those stickers.

Patti J said...

You find the best stuff at your dollar tree! Ours is small, and not so exciting. We are supposed to be getting a 5 below right next to our Dollar Tree. Great cards, dear friend - so glad you and Lynette got together!,

Lynne in NI said...

Well they certainly were an absolute bargain, the DPs you paired them with are perfect!
Yes I LOVE rhubarb, my mum makes the best rhubarb crumble ... served with some custard and a dod of cream, yummmm!

Glittered Paws said...

Love it when you share your finds from Dollar Tree - and yes it is a hit or miss. I have gotten some really nice stuff and other times nothing. The cards turned out really pretty.
Rhubarb - oh mercy we love it, we have 3 plants in our garden, no long history on the plants but they are thriving and produce beautiful red rhubarb. Love sauce - use it as a jam on toast, or just eat it like applesauce. Now the mister - he loves cobblers!!!