Wish List

Friday, April 28, 2023

Double-pocket Anniversary card...

 

I was inspired to make this card after seeing this post at Heartwarmers from Vicki I used an older piece of double-sided DSP from Stampin' Up to form my pockets

This picture shows the two cards that get inserted into the pockets. The wine glasses were cut from vellum and colored with alcohol markers on the back side. To make sure the bottom elements don't show when the card is in place, I drew a very light pencil line before stamping and adhering the wine glasses. When that was done, I simply erased the line.

The blue card with the tone-on-tone stamping on the right side is where a personal note can be written.

The only drawback to this card is that it can't stand by itself. I do have some easels cut out of cardstock (given to me by my sister) that I could glue to the backside if I wanted that feature.

My card is pretty plain, but I think there's a lot you could do to dress this type of card up and make it really special. For instance, some sort of edging could be put along the diagonal cuts, you could put another sentiment or die-cut image on the second insert card, or you could add little ribbon pulls to the tops of the insert cards. You could even cut the insert cards with a shaped die. Maybe next time, I'll try a few of these ideas.

We have been super busy lately, helping my brother-in-law get all of his stuff into his new apartment and put in the appropriate spot. He isn't able to do much, so my DH and I are doing our best to make it into a home for him. We still have a few things to accomplish, like getting his desk set up (it needed some repair before it could be used), hanging pictures wherever he'd like them and setting out his mementos and other items that make the space uniquely his. I haven't moved for 25 years, so I had forgotten just how much work it is!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

Lynette said...

I saw Vicki's card, too. Yours is very cool. Good luck with getting your brother-in-law all settled. So kind of you! See you tomorrow!

designbydonna said...

Great idea for a card. Another idea is to make a small pocket at the bottom of the inside insert to place a gift card. I give gift cards or money for the grandkids birthdays. I think I will give this design a try.

Patti J said...

What a fun fold! Beautifully done, as always! Very pretty card… you are a great sister-in-law, and he’s so lucky to have you to help out. Thanks for sharing!

Glittered Paws said...

Great fold - I really love pocket cards.
What a blessing you are to your BIL - so blessed to have you in his life. Hope he does well in his new place.

Lynne in NI said...

What a great card Cheryl, you're fab at all these fancy folds!
Glad to hear your BIL has got sorted with his own place, I'm sure he is so thankful to have you and hubby nearby to help X