Wish List

Friday, April 7, 2023

Elegant border Easter card...

 

I made a few Easter cards like this one. I've had the fancy border die for a long time. It has been really handy for cards like this. The "Happy Easter" sentiment is also a die-cut.


I thought this fancy egg die went well with the border die. I cut it out and then adhered some turqoise  cardstock behind it with a piece of double-sided adhesive sheet cut to the size and shape of the egg. Once I had adhered the fancy die-cut to the backer, I burnished some clear glitter into the open spaces. 

As a final touch I tied a narrow ribbon around the egg and then popped the whole thing up on foam squares.



On the inside I added a computer-generated sentiment.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter, if you celebrate the holiday. If not, I still hope you have a great weekend with loved ones or friends.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

That lacy border is so pretty. I like the glitter in the egg too. Happy Easter to you and your family.

Lisa said...

Wowza appropriately named, that is one elegant Easter card. Great selection of papers and colors for those gorgeous die cuts.

Glittered Paws said...

Stunning, beautiful, striking and I could go on and on - but you know what I mean. Such an elegant Easter card. Pretty in blues and love the edge die.
Happy Easter to you - going to be warm enough to hide eggs for the kids.

Lynette said...

Very pretty dies, and a great card! I need to get my glitter out! I love the look of it.

Patti J said...

What a beautiful card! Love the sparkle of the glittery egg! And that border….so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Lynne in NI said...

Awww gorgeous card Cheryl, those are such pretty dies you've used. Hope you had a good Easter - we spent ours in Mums with my sister and her family which was lovely xx

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty Easter Card!