Wish List

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Hello Sunshine...

 

I had cut out a few lemons with my Silhouette for a commissioned card and had some left over, so I decided to make this card.. I added the die-cut fancy oval and a very bold stamped sentiment.


I inked around the edges of each lemon and then embossed them with a randomly bumpy embossing folder.

The leaves were created with some leaf dies in my stash. 

The largest lemon was popped up on foam tape.





I still had a small lemon, so I added that one to the inside of the card along with a stamped sentiment.

I actually still have three lemons left to make another "Hello Sunshine" card, which I hope to get done soon.

This week I have been culling some of the really, really old craft supplies in my craft area. I am either tossing them or donating them. It feels good to get rid of some of it. I had inherited a lot of items when my mother passed away in 1992. I figured if I haven't looked at them in 31 years, it's time to make them available to someone who will appreciate and use them. There were a lot of embroidery kits and craft books that I think someone else will enjoy. I also threw out a large box of dried and fake flowers that I had collected over the years. I saved just one little bunch of daffodils that I put on my dining room table.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

This card is so bright and cheerful. The embossing looks like water drops on the lemons. Love the lacy edge oval. Cleaning out old stuff feesl so liberating. Now you can buy more stuff!:)

Glittered Paws said...

What a beautiful Sunshiney card!! I've made one or two cards with lemons (that I borrowed) and just never made any more. But love you yellow and the oval die is perfect.
Oh don't even talk about cleaning out - reorganizing - donating - etc. Right now my mojo is on leave but I'm thinking if I clean up my craft room it might come back!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Such a beautiful bright, happy card Cheryl! Your lemons look fab!
I LOVE a good clear out, though I'm sure it was tough letting your mum's stuff go.

Jeanne H said...

A gorgeous card!!

Lynette said...

A wonderful, bright and cheery card, Cheryl! I like the embossing on the lemons and the dots on the paper. And the die-cut oval, too!

Patti J said...

Cute as can be, Cheryl! Makes me want some fresh squeezed lemonade! Beautiful, happy creation, dear friend! Thanks for sharing!

JD/ Jill said...

Nicely done card! I like the "Cheery color!