Wish List

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #194: Anything Goes with the option of Pink & Grey...

 

Spring has finally sprung, and Let's Craft and Create is back with a new challenge for April. You can, of course, enter the challenge using the "Anything Goes" option, but I have chosen to make a card following the "Pink & Grey" alternative.

When I think of pink and grey, I most often think of baby girls. They always look so sweet in pink and grey. In fact, when my twin girls were little, I loved dressing them in these colors.

I had a baby carriage die-cut in my stash, which had been given to me by a friend long ago. It was perfect to use on this card.

I added some pink vellum behind the hood of the carriage and some darker pink cardstock behind the opening that is the bed of the carriage.
The embossed area was highlighted by using a finger dauber to lightly add some darker pink ink. 

As a final touch, I added three gems--one on the handle and one on each of the wheel centers.

The sentiment was stamped and die-cut, along with a tiny heart, and then popped up on foam tape.

The intricate doily was die-cut (it's one of my favorites!) and then cut in half before being added to the DSP on the bottom of my card front.


As a finishing touch, a little rickrack was adhered to finish off the edge of the DSP.



The inside of the card featured a stamped sentiment and two more of those tiny, die-cut hearts.

I hope you'll play along with our new challenge. I'm really looking forward to seeing other creations in pink and grey. Also, be sure to check out the prize that is being offered. You'll find it here.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl



5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Pretty card for that precious little baby. I like pink and gray together and will be entering. All. your extra touches like the vellum, dark pink, pearls, and the lovely doily make your card really special.

Lisa said...

Super adorable baby card. I love seeing the insides of cards. I need to get better about the insides of my cards.

Glittered Paws said...

Such a sweet baby card - love the carriage die. And I don't use much pink and gray - no reason just don't think of it. Love the doily on your card. Is there anything "we" don't have in our stash???? LOL

Patti J said...

Awww….how sweet is this! Pink and gray is one of those combinations that I love, but neglect to use. Thanks for the reminder to do so! Hugs…

JD/ Jill said...

A perfect baby card! So precious!