Wish List

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

New Home Congrats and three "Mom" cards...

 I had some mushroom-patterned cardstock from a 12" X 12" pad, and I loved the earthtone colors so much, I knew I needed to use it on a card. As I sorted through my dies, I found this little mushroom house die set. 

First, I stamped my sentiment in two different colors. I actually used red and then some brown ink to stamp "Congrats." This made it the darker red that you see in the mushroom caps.


The grass on either side of the house was actually just one bit of grass that was connected to the house. I simply cut it off the house, and then cut it out of green CS twice. After popping my house up, I adhered the grass on each side, tucking it slightly behind the house.

I also added some white spots to the mushroom cap to mimic the ones on the patterned CS.





The mushroom die set also came with a teeny, tiny mushroom die. I cut it out of the same papers I used for the house and glued it above my inside sentiment. It looks so cute and just makes me smile.







I've been busy making Mother's Day cards for the thrift store. I happened to have these three frames in my card parts, so I decided to use them. I simply picked some coordinating DSP  and some matching CS for the mat.


You can't really see it in the picture but I added Glossy Accents to the letters, which I had die-cut.  

I should have looked through my collection of dimensional letter stickers for the Ms and Os, but it didn't even occur to me!

I also added a few gems around the stamped sentiment on each card.













On this card, the frame had been cut from a sparkly CS and I didn't have any more of it, so I used a coordinating cardstock for the mat and the letters.





I added a stamped sentiment and a tiny die-cut flower to the inside of each card.

We had a medical emergency at the end of last week with my BIL. He thought he was having a heart attack, so we called 911 and the ambulance took him to the hospital. It turned out not to be a heart attack (thank goodness!), but was severe muscle spasms in his abdomen that caused him a lot of pain. He stayed in the hospital a couple of days but is home again now, a little worse for wear.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

The little. mushroom house is so cute. It fits well with the mushroom paper. I have some mushroom paper and don't know what to do with it. Your Mom cards are pretty. I'm sure they will sell quickly.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how cute is the mushroom new home card - and just so happens that I need a new home card and just so happens that I have a mushroom house die. Card will be cased!!!
The MOM cards are very pretty and will sell quickly at the thrift store.
Glad Bill's brother is back home -anymore any hospital experience is rather harrowing. So much different than when I worked as a hospital nurse.
My mister has been down and out - ended up in ER - and has a tick bite infection!!! We do live in the woods but he sprays all the time - himself and the woods and the dog but one got him. He is on antibiotics and hopefully on the mend - we thought we were dealing with the flu but just kept getting worse. Whew

Patti J said...

Glad that your BIL was not having a heart attack. That must have been very frightening for you all. Really cute cards, Cheryl! That mushroom die is adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Lynette said...

Oh, I love your mushroom card!! So cute and well-done! I love the texture in the main panel. The Mother's Day cards are great, too. Sorry about your brother-in-law. Glad it wasn't a heart attack, but it sure sounds painful.