Wish List

Friday, April 21, 2023

Cute little dinosaurs...

 I found a sheet of dinosaur stickers at Dollar Tree and thought they'd be perfect for making some kids' birthday cards to donate to the thrift store. Here's what I came up with:

I thought the pink one would work well for a girl card.


I used purple cardstock for the base and some purple glitter cardstock for the sentiment.










The stickers are already layered and mounted on foam squares, so I didn't need to add anything else to them.

I also popped up each cloud on foam squares.








I made these two cards a few days after I had made the first ones. I still have enough dinosaurs left to make a couple more cards. I think that's pretty good for $1.25!

You can easily see the layers of the stickers in this photo. 

Children's cards sell quickly at the thrift store, and these were quick and fun to make, so I'm going to be keeping my eyes out for more stickers like these. 

We've had a couple of cold, rainy days here, so it's back to turning on the heat and wearing jackets when we step outside. Will Spring ever truly arrive? I do have some tulips that are being very brave about forming some pretty flower heads. They must be shivering at night, though, when the temperature dips to freezing and below. Poor things...



Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Wonderful cards! I do love dinosaurs and I am guessing these won't last long once they hit the shelves of your store. Just perfect for children's cards and I love the colours. Spring over here is no different, the temperature really does fluctuate quite erratically from day to day. I hope you have a great weekend. Michelle x

designbydonna said...

These are the cutest dinosaurs. The kids will love them. Dollar Store is a great resource. I found a pack of Disney princess stickers that made really cute girl cards.

Lynette said...

Oh, these are adorable, Cheryl!! Hmmm ... more children's cards? Maybe I should check over my stickers before you come over. :-)

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh these stickers are fantastic and do make great kid cards.

Christine said...

What super cards! So bright and cheerful

Lynne in NI said...

Lol those little dinosaurs are so cute, great job creating your scenes too! Our weather has been rubbish all weekend, though it looks like it's brightening now - Molly will be glad to get out without her much-hated coat!

Patti J said...

These are so sweet! I love dropping by your blog for inspiration! Now, you’ve inspired me to go to Dollar Tree! Hugs!