Wish List

Friday, April 14, 2023

Some shimmery, painted butterflies...


 I have this 3D embossing folder that is so pretty all by itself, but I decided to add just a little more to it. 


I got out my metallic paints and used them to paint just the butterflies. The large butterfly wings were painted with two different colors of shimmery paints, while the small butterflies were painted with a white metallic paint. This gave them a bit of shimmer, but no additional color.

I know that I need some practice on choosing colors and then blending them, but it sure was fun as a first try. I definitely plan to try this again. I just wish you could see the pretty metallic shimmer in the pictures!



I just happened to have this printed sympathy sentiment in my stash, so I cut it to size, matted it and used it on the inside of my card.

My hubs and his brother arrived back in Minnesota a couple of days ago. Mickey was so glad to see my husband, he went absolutely wild when he walked in the door. It took a few minutes to settle Mickey down again, but he's definitely happy to have someone else at home who pays attention to him. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Stunning. I love that e/f. I think the coloring on the butterflies is perfect. You know I love butterflies. I use them a lot on sympathy cards.

Glittered Paws said...

What a beautiful sympathy card. Love the 3-D embossing folder and then the addition of the butterflies is perfect. I have some "old" shimmer paints - somewhere - wonder if they are still any good?
I bet Mickey is glad "dad" is home our Buddy is definitely a "dad's" boy. I'll do in a pinch but he prefers Dad.

Lynette said...

So pretty, Cheryl! I love the shimmery painting. I have metallic paints and I don't think I've ever used them! Shame on me. So many things, so little time!

Lisa said...

Wowza that emboss folder is beautiful but your addition of the metallic paints is just incredible. Really beautiful card.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh this is so pretty Cheryl, your shimmery butterflies are absolutely gorgeous!
I'm sure hubby got a brilliant welcome from Mickey, bet it gave you all a good laugh!

JD/ Jill said...

You said that painting this card was your first try...Fabulous! especially for a first try! Really like that embossing folder!