Wish List

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Another word-shaped card...

 

When I ordered the "HAPPY" shaped card die set, I also ordered "HUGS" and "XOXO."  These cards are fun and so quick to make. 


I popped up the word "Sending," but didn't add any other embellishments. I thought about adding a few gems, but felt if I left it plain, it could be for a male or a female.





I used an old wooden stamp on the inside. I really like this sentiment and wish I would remember to use it more.

I'm looking forward to making some Valentines with the "XOXO" die set.






My brother-in-law has come to live with us while he builds up strength and looks for an apartment. He has lived in Alabama for many years, but his health now requires him to be closer to family. My husband spent a total of about 5 weeks in Alabama since the beginning of the year, helping him when he was seriously ill and then helping him to get ready for the move. It will take time, effort and determination for my brother-in-law to become strong enough to live on his own, and we're doing our best to encourage him. He is very weak and unsteady when trying to walk up or down stairs, so we carried our stationary bike upstairs from the basement and put it in the back porch for him to exercise on. Fingers crossed that he'll use it every day!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


6 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

I am really liking the big words die - so versatile, and how creative you have been with them. Great job.
What a lifestyle change for both you and your BIL - sending thoughts and prayers for him to regain strength and can be on his own.

Lynette said...

Oh, those dies are great! I would love if you could bring them over when you come. :-) Great card you made with it. You are so kind to take care of your brother-in-law. He's not lucky that he's ill, but is lucky to have you for family! I wish him the best.

designbydonna said...

This is a fun "hugs" card and it really does not need anything else. Love the blues.

JD/ Jill said...

Nicely done card! I will add your BIL to my prayer list!

Lisa said...

Great card to send to any friend needing some love and encouragement.

Lynne in NI said...

Such a cool die and fab card!
Hope your BIL finds his strength soon, a big change for you all to get used to living together - thank goodness your building work is finished!