Wish List

Friday, May 5, 2023

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #195: Anything Goes or Ribbon, Lace, Twine (Use all or some)...


 Happy May, everyone! It's a new month and a new challenge at Let's Craft and Create

I have opted to create a vintage card for this challenge, using some dark green twine, a bit of burlap and lots of inking. A wonderful cardmaker and friend, Donna, of DesignByDonna.blogspot.com sent me several vintage background panels (Thank you, Donna!!) and I have used one of them as the background for this card.

My sentiment was cut three times and layered together for dimension. I inked the edges before gluing it to the background panel.


To achieve the scalloped edge on my burlap, I first put some strong double-sided tape on one side of it to keep it from fraying. Then I used a scalloped border die and my Big Shot Plus to cut the edge. It didn't cut all the way through the burlap and the tape, but it cut well enough that I was able to easily finish it with a scissor. 







The flower was created by die-cutting three layers of petals out of  pale pink cardstock and inking the edges before attaching them in the center with a tiny brad. The leaves were cut from a dark green cardstock that matched my twine.

I added a delicate butterfly, cut from heavy vellum and inked around its edges. As you can see, I couldn't resist adding a tiny bit of sparkle with two pale pink gems for the butterfly's body.




My off-white inside panel was inked around its edges, and I added a two-layer flower similar to the three-layer flower on the front.

I opted to use a gray ink for my stamped sentiment, to keep the coloring of this panel as subtle as the coloring on the card front.

I hope you'll join in the challenge with a creation of your own. For inspiration, check out what the Design Team has made at Let's Craft and Create.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

Lynette said...

So pretty, Cheryl! I do really love that flower, and the butterfly is cool, too.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, I love it!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Very classy card Cheryl. I love it! Vintage is a style I just can't do.

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, this is AWESOME! The burlap adds great texture and I love the scalloped. Your flower is so pretty. The vellum butterfly is a great addition to just continue that row of them. Inking all the edges adds so much definition. You did vintage very well.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how pretty, love the vintage look - used to be very popular and wish it would make a comeback. I'm saving my lace, burlap if it does. Crafters usually save everything. Love the muted colors and the sentiment inside.

Darnell said...

You've made a brilliant vintage design, Cheryl! It's the kind of card that takes a bit of enjoyable time eyeing all the delightful elements that you've brought together, including that wonderful paper from Donna! Hugs, Darnell

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Cheryl, your card is so beautiful. Hugs from your teamie Zowie! x