Wish List

Monday, June 5, 2023

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #196: Hip to be Square or Anything Goes...

 

Happy June, eveyone! The warm weather is here, school is over and summer fun can commence. For me, summer fun always includes playing with paper.

This month's challenge at Let's Craft and Create holds so many possibilities. Most of us have an assortment of square dies or punches. And if we don't, it really is not difficult to cut a square shape.

I recently got a new set of square dies and decided to use them to make a card. In fact, I made two cards!

Because we're so close to Father's Day, I decided to make a couple of cards for that occasion.


The die set I used consists of two "double squares." I cut three of the smaller double square and added them to my card front as shown in the photo.



As a little extra embellishment, I added three large enamel dots.

The sentiment was printed with my computer, inked around the edges and popped up on foam tape.





My inside sentiment was computer-generated.








My sescond card was a square card. I don't make them too often, as they require additional postage when mailing (unless you put them in a rectangular envelope). 

The only woodgrain DSP I had was white with a gray grain pattern. I blended some green ink onto this paper so that it would better coordinate with the green cardstock I wanted to use for my card base.

I cut the larger of the double squares and also a single, thicker square shape that was the result of cutting both the small and large double squares while they were nested, one inside the other. 


I added some Glossy Accents to the die-cut letters for DAD. It has gotten a little too thick, so they're not as smooth as I'd like, but they actually look better in real life.





I printed out the same sentiment for the inside of this card, but with an added "Happy Father's Day."

Now it's your turn. I hope you'll join us at Let's Craft and Create for a little crafting fun. You can follow the "Hip to be Square" suggestion or follow your own mojo for an "Anything Goes" project.

The Design Team has posted lots of inspiration, so be sure to take a look.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Great Fathers Day cards - amazing what you can do with a square. Like the enamel dots.

designbydonna said...

Wonderful Father's Day Cards. I like the interlockd squares with the enamel dots. Great way to do squares on a regular size card. I don't do many square cards either. The square frames on you card draw the eye right to DAD.

Patti J said...

These are great! I love all the fun squares, what a great idea! Thanks for always inspiring me!

JD/ Jill said...

You truly know how to make masculine cards! They are such a struggle for me!