Wish List

Friday, June 16, 2023

Two more glimmer cards...

It seems I will never get to the bottom of the card parts that I brought home with me from my day of crafting with friend Lynette (My Stamping Addiction).  Below are two more cards made with a couple of those pieces.

She foiled this frame for me in a very pretty green, holographic foil. I decided to use it on a Christmas card. After carefully cutting aournd it, I popped the frame up on foam tape on a panel of red and green plaid paper.


But before I added the panel to my card, I adhered a die-cut sentiment and pinecone. Simples!








On the inside I used a sentiment from an old Christmas card that we had once used at my work. For some reason I had this one hanging around in my Christmas supplies, even though I've been retired since 2014!





Lynette was so kind to foil the reverse of the frame, too. Once again, I cut around the edges of it, added a white die-cut and popped it up on foam tape.

This time, I had added an embossed leafy panel to my card front for a little interest and dimension.


You can really see the holographic characteristic of the foil in these photos.

"Happy Birthday" was stamped, die-cut and popped up on some foam tape.








This sentiment was also stamped.












I have one more photo I want to share with you today. Last weekend, my DH and I made a little trip to a store called Axman Surplus. It is stuffed from floor to ceiling with all manner of items. It's impossible to explain the variety of items they sell, as it all comes from store overstocks, inventory clean-outs, store closings, etc. One of the supplies I always look for there is tape--all kinds of tape. Our visit last weekend didn't disappoint.

The "Mounting Tape" is a thicker double-sided foam tape. I use it when I want lots of dimension. The green-patterned tape is a thinner double-sided foam tape (my most-used dimensional tape). I had picked up 12 rolls of it (at 45 cents each), and the checkout gal ran back and got me another roll. She said whenever you buy 12 of anything, you get a 13th free. The solid green tape is low-tack tape and the kraft-colored tape is a VERY strong double-sided taped. I think it might be carpet tape, but it works perfectly when you want something adhered and you NEVER want it to come apart. I got all of this tape for $15.00. I don't think any roll was over $1.50

If you have a surplus store in your area, I recommend checking them out for crafting supplies. If you find some, you'll probably get them at bargain prices.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cards and your haul of tape was a great find also! MKW

Glittered Paws said...

What nice foiled pieces you brought home from your crafting day. I love the second card - very pretty.
Then your surplus shopping day - you made a haul on tape - this will last you a long time.

JD/ Jill said...

Your cards are wonderful.

Thanks for sharing about the tape.
I often use the foam tape on my cards...but it is expensive...]
never thought to look in a bargain store for it.

Lynette said...

Goodness - I didn't realize we had made so many pieces! LOL! I'm glad you were able to use them all. These cards are amazing! I don't think I've used the hot foil machine since you were over here. I'll have to get it out again. What a deal on the tape! Maybe Jim and I will have to make a trip over there. I think he would enjoy it.