Wish List

Friday, June 30, 2023

Important Notice! We regret to inform you...

 

Our grandson, who graduated from high school in May, celebrated his 18th birthday in June. I was scratching my head, trying to come up with an idea for a card for him, when I saw something similar to this one on Pinterest.  I thought this would be just perfect for him.


I made a gatefold card and then adhered the front panel to only the left side of my "gate."

The sentiment was printed out on my computer.  I printed the word "Expired" separately, cut it out and then popped it up on foam tape.







The inside of the card has a peek-a-boo shutter mechanism that reveals the sentiment as you open the card. If you want to see it in action, you can watch the brief video in this post.

My grandson told me he liked this card AND the birthday money inside it (of course)! I had so much fun making it, that I made a similar card for my brother-in-law. I'll share that one in a future post.

This week my DH and I joined the YMCA so that we can exercise there on a regular basis. Today we are starting a routine of going twice a week (Tuesdays and Fridays). They have so many fabulous machines that I'm a bit intimidated. I hope I don't make a spectacle of myself trying to figure out how to use them.  And I sincerely hope we can keep at it and get our poor, aging bodies into better physical shape.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love that sentiment. I'm going to file that one away. I have a granddaughter turning 19 in a few months. Good luck on your gym membership. I have learned from experience to not skip a day because it is harder to back the next time. See if they have a personal trainer you can use for a few times until you learn the equipment.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh this is brilliant - and I am sure your grandson loved the card and of course the green. My hubby walks the dog 3 miles every am but my knees just won't tolerate that. New knees is on my list of things to do this fall. Have fun at the gym.

Lynette said...

What a fabulous card, Cheryl! When you posted one of these a year or two ago, I bought the die set. I think I made one card with it, which I forgot to photograph. :-( I guess I should get it out again, but I just have to imagination to figure out what to do with it! Good luck at the Y.

Lynette said...

I forgot to say that the front of the card is amazing, too!! Very clever.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh my goodness, that's just hilarious Cheryl!!!! Bet it gave him a good giggle.